Work in Progress: Ukrainian T-72B (Dragon 1/35) ft. Ukrainian Flork with ERA!

Hey folks, I figured I’d do a short build log for a change rather than doing just finished models:

Finally found the time to work on a vehicle I’ve been meaning to do since the start of the unprovoked Russian invasion of Ukraine last year. I didn’t want to crack open a Trumpeter super-kit yet, so when I got my hands on this old Dragon T-72 kit, I knew it was a good opportunity to work on a Ukrainian tank.

After reading up on all the bad reviews on the kit, I was surprised to see that it went together with very little fuss. I did decide to use some spares I had to improve some of the smaller detail. I also added the missing front plate with ERA on the lower hull but I don’t know how I’ll go about gluing that yet. The ERA themselves are 3D printed. Still, I wish I had a replacement gun barrel - the kit is much oversized

After this, the model went through my typical process of priming + basecoating:

Here she is as of this evening. I was also inspired by the recent Ukrainian Flork memes, so I had a friend print an STL of someone who made them for free! (Credit to RattapoomK, link to the STL below)



Hey folks! Did some more painting on the ERA + painted on Ukrainian flags. Sorry for the low quality photo - will take better ones soon.


I love the little florks with the ERA blocks in their hands. :rofl:


Coming along nicely Nigel!


Thank you all for the kind words. Have been busy this week, so have been working on and off on this kit.

Have done a lot of weathering the since then, but I feel like doing a bit more to tie everything together. Maybe some chipping and another overall dust coat