Workin' on the Railroad 2024

Group Build Title: Workin’ on the Railroad 2024

Group Build Leader(s): @phil2015

Group Build Description: Build any subject having to do with the railroad - a car, a structure, track sections, etc.

Event Details:2024-01-01T05:00:00Z2025-01-01T04:59:00Z

Completion Award: will get something djinned up by end of year hopefully

Just for kicks and giggles are there any structure kits in nearly 1/72 scale instead of the traditional RR scales? :wave:

How does this suit your fancy?

1/72 stalingrad train station

I’m not associated with the producer in any way…

3 Likes

I assume an armored rail car suits this campaign?

1 Like

absolutely!

2 Likes

I hope so, I was thinking of a Steampunk version…
baf5f2e54c6b17d5c5d39aecadfa1272

Cheers,

M

1 Like

That sounds cool! Will love to see it.

2 Likes

I’m in, with this Hobby Boss kit

Nice!

Well, I’m in for sure. I have two or three more armored rail car builds to do, so that’s one possibility, or I could finally build my Sabre Model’s Schwerer Platformwagen Typ SSys.

Nice. :slight_smile:

Mike

Feel free to start now. And if someone would make this one live I would be grateful.

1 Like

Campaign active.

So we can start posting pics of the build here?
Thanks

You bet.

1 Like

Here is my railroad build.

IMG_20240101_174116

3 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Seems to have a wall on the front and side?

Looks like a partly-demolished box car, re-purposed as a flatcar. The remnants of the end wall are left in place - probably due to the urgency of getting it into service. I assume it was a damaged box car just sitting in the yard when some officer scrambled all the transport he could lay hands on at short notice! It’s interesting to see how overloaded the frame is, bending in the middle…

1 Like

Thanks! What a idea.

Forgot to mention I’m currently working on a Miniart goods wagon (35288) that would be ideal to replicate that car! It’s rated at 18 tons, so no wonder that concrete-covered StuG is bending the frame…