Wow you've got a great figure!

I haven’t done one that I recall, unless it was posted early on. There was talk of doing a stick figure. I am open to other ideas or if some artist wants to try their hand at a design.

I nominate the Petbat for the task. :bat: :grin:

Of course, I’m open to anyone else who wishes to submit their ideas.:medal_sports:

—mike

2 Likes

I think he was nominated last time too. :joy:

Harv had added this one as a joke

but and here me out, Jan did add a dog I am just saying.

3 Likes

What are the requirements for getting the ribbon?

Also, we could just put one of Lazarus’s figures sideways on the ribbon, that would be very descriptive of the campaign!

1 Like

Before the campaign closes, submitting at least one photo of a figure you started and completed within the campaign timeframe. The figure is complete when the poster says the figure is complete within reason, ie cannot throw just primer on and say it’s done.

2 Likes

Figurine is done and I am working on a small vignette to place in.

8 Likes

Hi Roguepilot, I have to agree with Mike on this. Shading and highlighting should be subtle for a realistic effect. I’m not sure which type of paint you are using so, I’ll guess acrylics. Shading and highlighting can’t really be done in one go. It needs to be built up in layers. What I do, is use thinned paint, usually in a ratio of 1:4, paint to water, so it has a semi-transparent consistency. For each layer, aim for a colour that is only one shade lighter or darker than the base colour, then for the next, another shade up or down. Usually, you get the correct effect after 3 or 4 layers. Remember that the darkest shades go in the deepest folds and the lightest highlights go on the very tips of the creases. It does take a lot of practice and patience to master this technique but, the results are worth it. IIRC, I did a SBS on face painting earlier in this thread. The techniques are exactly the same. Good luck mate!
G.

2 Likes

Guess I might not be able to complete it in time, but I will have more time to work on it this weekend. I guess we’ll have to see.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll probably stick to simpler highlights this time, but I’ll keep this in mind for my next figures. I hope I still have the original colors used on the clothes as the base layer so that I can go back over the highlights and redo them.

2 Likes

The stated end is the end of the month, others have already asked for more time and it’s been granted so you roughly til around Oct 14ish to finish.

2 Likes

Very nice. :+1:

Call here done, scratch build, scale 1/35, painted in acrylics
IDF K9, Love my dog
Hope you like it a bit

12 Likes

Jan,
“Wow, you’ve got”… a lot of emotion displayed brilliantly in this beautiful little vignette.:dog::smiling_face_with_tear:
Very well done!

—mike

2 Likes

I like it a lot, looks great. :+1:

I added snow last evening and made few pics when it was still fresh and wet. I’ll see the results when I get back from work.

9 Likes

@Jan_Degryse : No I don’t like it, I love it!! Beautiful, looks just like the picture.

@Warlord: great looking little scene, love the snow!

3 Likes

it is amazing, to scale, and has a great paint scheme and overall finish.

4 Likes

Not big on figures. Will add them to my builds on occasion. But seeing all the nice work here I may just start focusing more on figures. Lots of good tips. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Outstanding! Natural poses and fit together perfectly

Any way we can get an extra 7 days on this one?

I thought I’d be able to get it done but this week was slaughtered by jury duty and next week is an out-of-town business trip. I know there has been plenty of time already…

1 Like