Wow you've got a great figure!

Yes, I was thinking 2 weeks.

5 Likes

2 weeks sounds great

1 Like

The best tip on painting figures comes from Martin Kovac (Night Shift on YouTube)
He said well sculpted figures paint themselves.

2 Likes

With enough praxis, may be :joy:

3 Likes

I finished! 1/35 German sniper from Dragon

12 Likes

I like it Marcin, very nice. :+1:

2 Likes

Like it, :+1:

2 Likes

Very nice, Marcin. Love the small details like the icicles being off to one side due to the wind.

2 Likes

Lovely little vignette Marcin, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, what did you use for the snow?

G, :beer:

1 Like

Very nice and cold looking finish. I like the icicles hanging from the horizontal members

2 Likes

I used AK Interactive Snow and AK Interactive Snow Sprinkles for top layer/melted snow

4 Likes

Thank you all for your comments. This was my first attempt at winter scene and for sure I won’t be afraid of it any more. AK Interactive Snow and Snow Sprinkles are very good products and (pretty) easy to work with.

4 Likes

Really a great little scene there. Snow looks perfect and not over done and the icicles are a nice clever touch. Also worth noting is the nice bit of mud on the knees, elbows and bottoms of his over trousers. Lovely work :+1:

2 Likes

Our friend @BootsDMS just finished this nice project and I am posting for him. For more photos and text behind this project see his thread at Preparing for Exercise - Cold War 1972

9 Likes

It has been raining non stop for 5 days, so I will have to photograph my finished entry indoors.

Here is my final entry: Star Wars Legion Black Sun Enforcer. Roughly 1/48 scale.

I will post better outdoor pictures when the whole squad is done.

Comments welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Lovely little build Jesper and it has some great colours on it. Makes it stand out and something different… Some good stuff in that legion series of kits :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment, Johnny. :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks great. A nice change of pace. :+1:

2 Likes

@ Jesper. Very nice paint work on the Enforcer. :art::paintbrush: Looking forward to the rest of the squad. :smiley:

There’s a new roof on my building, so now it can rain all it want’s here in Colorado. Yeah, back in March, the skies opened-up just left of my office desk — within a couple of inches of my computer. Luckily, I was logged onto KitMaker and caught it just as it happened! :sweat_drops::bucket:

The landlord and his crew finally drove down from South Dakota last weekend and replaced the roof. Whew! 'cause snow will be here soon enough! :snowflake:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

:thinking: Did somebody say “squad?” Uhhh… I think there’s a squad around here somewhere, along with a stellar excuse in that last paragraph.:umbrella::grin:

Remember these guys? Well, over a grueling summer, I somehow managed to slap some paint on their uniforms and gear. :hot_face: Here they are again, outa’ the storage box and milling around the workbench.

Unfortunately, no flesh-tones just yet. And the figures still need to be attached and rigged to their respective hauling stations at Fort Benning. … Lots left to do. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

US M3A1 37mm AT Gun (hauling formation)

Looks like some heads are gonna’ roll in this campaign… :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

Happy figuring!:beer:
—mike

9 Likes

O.K., I think I’ve just scraped in under the bar again, but it does feel a bit like cheating…

Once more I’d failed to actually turn any number of ideas into anything concrete after my initial enthusiasm, and time had just about run out. Then I remembered this chap (the one in the middle):

I’d spent the long August Bank Holiday Weekend creating odd figures out of bits that were never intended to go together, and towards the end I decided to have a go at converting a figure I’d picked up cheap with issue 1 of the “Warhammer 40,000: Imperium” part work. (It’s always worth picking up the first issues even if you’re not really interested in following the whole thing as they are good value for messing around with something different.) The trouble was, he’s supposed to look like this:

but I don’t like the daft gun, or the cape slung from his left arm to the torso. What I wanted was more like this:

Fortunately some gaming friends had given me some Necron bits for greebling scratch-built spaceships and these made it do-able, along with a Zombie left hand which was about twice the size it should be but would do nicely for holding a crystal instead of an orb. I base coated the figure with Humbrol Enamel Gunmetal which was really matt and gave the acrylics something to bite on. The metallics were mostly Citadel with Revell Aluminium and a craft paint Titanium. Painting the colours took most of Wednesday, and Thursday morning in giving the figure a wash with Klear to which some Rotring black ink had been added. This time I got the mix about right, maybe a little less ink than needed but I could build up the effects with repeated washes. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to correct the mess of the “cape” which I had relocated to his back, where I tried to pick out details my shaky hand was no longer capable of. I didn’t waste much effort on the base as time was running out and it will probably have to be changed as it is the wrong size; 40mm instead of the prescribed 32mm. While I’m not interested in the game myself I’ve come to the realisation that my gaming miniatures may (hopefully) have an existence beyond my own so some will be built as game legal for the convenience of anyone inheriting them. Anyhow, this is what I ended up with:

[

So there, for better or worse, you have it…

Cheers,

M

8 Likes