Xm-1 fsed

Okay boys I’m doing it, I’ve got the Panda M1IP which comes with all the parts to do a basic M1. I’ve got pretty much all the views I need except a clear view of the blowout panels, they’re very different then the production M1’s. I also need some advice of how to make the ammo feed chute for the commander machine gun, there’s some complex curves going on there.
This is what I have for the blowout panels, if anyone has a better pic, I would appreciate it.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s where I got the pic I have! Looks like an undercut of some sort, around the perimeter of each panel. Center panel is bigger and outer panels are much slimmer. It’s making me crazy. And maybe a bunch of separate panels n the middle?

1 Like

I’ve been scrounging the internet for about a week, one thing I noticed is that information on the XM-1 and XM-1 FSED are intermixed a great deal.

1 Like

I did the same when I built my own. I had to cut the rear panels from an M1A1 turret and scratch the blow-off panels to replicate the M1IP “long turret” upgrade.

1 Like

Yup, knew that was gonna happen, the FSED has the rear turret “extension” on the bottom, some some surgery required there too
IMG_8723
IMG_8722

1 Like

And here’s the ammo feed chute I mentioned

1 Like