Zvezda T90 MS

Black block masking done.

Well, on the hull anyway… Will get the turret masked up tomorrow and hopefully get the black sprayed… Masking is soooooooooo tedious :grin:

2 Likes

Good job Johnny. Hopefully you won’t get too much overspray.

Olivier

1 Like

I may put some more wider household DIY masking tape in the open areas to prevent that, as with my airbrushing, there is always a risk of overspray lol

1 Like

The cam is on and looking pretty good, well I like it anyway lol…

Now, like I said, I am pretty happy how that all turned out. Is there a few little areas of overspray… Yes there are…
Am I worried… Not in the slightest.
It’s a niggle I have sometimes… In all my years on tanks, I have never once seen a pristine tank… Not even when we had our totally refurbished Stillbrews or new Chally 1s… There was always a bit of overspray here or there, there were dirty areas, overspray on the wheel rubbers… they are just dirt, dust and crap magnets… So I am totally content with the finish on this.

All that’s left is the small few bits of detail painting, lens, vision blocks, and antennas…thoughts ? Observations?

11 Likes

You couldn’t have picked a better camo- to my eye the 90MS looks quite futuristic with the angled armor and the RWS so the angles and straight edges of the camo compliment that shape beautifully.

1 Like

Thanks Karl, I was a bit apprehensive about doing the cam like that, but I’m glad I did now.

1 Like

Been reading along all the time, and this sure turned into another real nice addition to your collection! Love the camo!

1 Like

Looks good, once the details are painted it will get a lot more character… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for a kind words guys… Much appreciated as always :+1:

you’ve done a cracking job their mate, well done indeed.

1 Like

Fantastic camo choice John, it fits the T-90 perfectly.

1 Like

Thanks Matt @SSGToms & David @Klaus-Adler … Even unpainted it looks quite futuristic… Since the above I have done the vision blocks in clear orange, the RWS sight head in clear green, and the sensor lights and brakes in clear red, all Tamiya.
Few more detailing bits and and then a thin wash…

A cracking good job. Excellent job on the camo. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I fully second DV’s comment. :+1:

Olivier

1 Like

Many thanks DV and Olivier, glad you like it guys.

Just a few bits of detail painting.

Still undecided about which wash.

Whichever I go with it will be thinned right down as I just want a bit of definition in some areas.

2 Likes

Great job John. I love the camo scheme.

1 Like

Yeah it catches the eye being a bit unusual and abstract… Took a while to mask it all but it turned out ok :+1:

2 Likes

Ok, this bad boy is now done.

Finally got the rear side hull slat armour on, and then just painted a few extra details and gave it a wash/filter with the AK NATO wash.

And a few with on a general go to bit of ground work.

Enjoyed doing this one. My first Russian MBT, and I thought I would do the cam a bit different and went for a base green with a black and grey geometric/splinter type scheme. Was a good learning curve and looks half decent.
Kit went together very well with no issues unless I caused them, only tricky bit was the left hand track not meeting up, but I think that was me… Hope you enjoy it :+1:

Edit. Just noticed some of those snaps are overly dark so will do some outside ones tomorrow as weather should be ok.

10 Likes

Looks fantastic John, glad you enjoyed the build. These new Zvezda kits are really first class and easy on the wallet. The camo is excellent, very innovative and fits the tank beautifully.

1 Like