1/25th scale scratch-build Soviet T-37a Float Tank (jump started)

3 Likes

May be useful:
Tank T-37. Manual on military repair, State Military Publishing House of the People’s Commissariat of Defense of the USSR, Moscow - 1939
https://arsenal-info.ru/b/book/2447870637/5

https://war-book.ru/t-37-legkij-tank-sssr/

Good luck building!

1 Like

That is very kind, Many THANKS

As we say in Russia: “Na zdorov’ye!” (To your health!). Build for your own pleasure.
Sorry if the link to the video did not open for you, then here is an alternative link to [YouTube].(ПЛАВАЮЩИЙ ТАНК Т-37А / Tank T-37A - YouTube)

It worked GREAT. Gave me lots of new input. The only slightly disappointing aspect was that the T-37 in the video didn’t have the float pontoons. NOT a biggie at all. Just the size comparison to a man is AWESOME. MANY THANKS AGAIN

If you search using the Cyrillic search string for “танк Т-37А”, you will get much more results.
For example:

And some of my personal photos:

They are from this museum:

3 Likes

Many more thanks. Your pictures are a HUGE help.
Thank you again

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

A most intriguing project Whitney, what inspired you to take this challenge on? Curious about the “jump start” reference? Awesome help from Yuri too, he’s a very rare and precious resource for all things Soviet/Russian. I have a lot of respect for his wealth of references and willingness to help us as individuals with a shared interest.

Also curious about your last images – is this going to be a rusting hulk or just severely weathered?

1 Like

So, as to jump starting, the build lay dormant for a couple of years, As for the rust, I just like the tried and true, baking soda and white glue to give texture. In the end, the T-37 will be knocked out somewhere in the Stalingrad /Volga basin.
Finally, I really like to create builds that are “one offs”. I did Lynx, and a Berge-Panther, and of course the 8.cm mortar and crew are still in the works, much like the Sdkfz 263 Series 4, all in 1/25th just because I got heavily burnt out in 1/35th
Thank you for you inquiry.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Whitney_Foreman, I’d love to see an update on this build in the new year and I’m probably not the only modeler thinking that.

3 Likes