1/35 m1a1

Kinda’ thought that might be the case.

I tend to keep all my devices (Apple) updated to the most current system software, and unfortunately, this meant shortly after Adobe and Microsoft began their exorbitant subscription-based pricing campaigns, I was forced-out (priced-out) of using their products — older versions of Adobe and Microsoft simply ceased to work.

Just thought I’d mention that there are other less costly options available out there in case it helps someone. … Okay… So as not to take this thread any further off-topic, please feel free to send me a PM if you’d like my opinionated software recommendations.

—mike

3 Likes

This conversation about decals was gonna happen sooner or later! I hate trying to make decals because i always have a bad time. I use Testors decal sheets and 90% of the time The ink smears and the decal is pretty transparent when applied. What am i doing wrong and what are some recommendations?

Question about the engine bay cover…

Is the underside white or the same color as the top of it?

Not a lot of detail in this picture, but I can assume (correct me if not), that the bottom of the engine cover is the same color as the exterior - CARC 686 tan.

1 Like

You know, with all the times I had to pull that cover off, I never looked at the underside, so I don’t know what color it is. Is that crazy or what? Whatever color you decide to paint it, it should be dirty, that area never got cleaned.
Ken

1 Like

For generic decals for placards in alot of armor, especially if your just trying for the ‘look’ I found some I think that are perfect. Microscale HO “data for freight cars” 87-462, 87-1162, 87-975 and 87-235. Lots of placards, yellow warmings etc. Most sheets have a ton of usable stuff. The ones I listed above run a wide range of white lettering on black, yellow placards etc. For like $30 for the 4 packs these will last many years for just fleshing out various areas, solid alternative to printing (I don’t even have a PC or printer, I’m a bit lazy w technology lol).

1 Like

Here are the undersides of the so called “bitch plate” and the air intake grills , in this case CARC sand as the rest of the vehicle. Assuming they would be forest green for a NATOflage one.

1 Like

She was and the second best nomenclature name in the military, donkey dick being the first, imho.

1 Like

Not having served myself I gotta ask, what did you call a donkey dick ?

My johnson :joy::joy:

A fuel funnel

4 Likes

I can tell you that meat would have a odd taste if not downright unhealthy.

See the source image

State of that hatch cover , modern vehicles paint does wear.

The other part that was called a “Donkey Dick” was the bulge on the underside of the radome on F4B, C,and D Phantoms

1 Like

I’m back! Sorry for the sudden disappearance, life caught up to me for a bit but it’s all good now! I been experimenting with magnets and this is what i got

3 Likes

After assembling all these track links i think i Gonna build a jet next

1 Like

Try changing the real deal…

3 Likes

Hahaha i can imagine a lot of swearing and smashing steel with hammers

In the field… while scooping mud off everything after “throwing a track”.

“Become a tanker” they said…

“It’ll be fun” they said…

3 Likes

Kind of like that