1/35 m1a1

Army tank usually carried Grease Guns in the early 90s. Not sure they had them in Bosnia though. I have a friend that was a tanker with 1AD during Operation Joint Endeavour as part of TF Eagle in Tuzla.

Might have to pick his brains on that.

last I heard Karr supplied all the bolts used in Lima, and all their metric bolts are gold cad plated and in some cases a very shiny silver. Usually the gold color. Very corrosion resistant, Not really important as the bolts get painted after assembly.
gary

1 Like

Quick question… what color wash should i give the interior

I would use a brown color, preferably to match the color of the base (if you put it on a base) groundwork.
Ken

Yup, a dirty brown color.

I find that a greenish gray looks right on the white interiors.

Quick update…. Did a little weathering and chipping. Is it too much or to little?

I think it’s too much dirt

3 Likes

Don’t think it’s too much but on my screen the dirt looks somewhat orange/red. What medium are you using for the dirt. Pigments?

Looks realistic and about right to me.

Depends on what your end goal is. Really players choice imho, pre/mid/post deployment or the environment stateside. They are typically not showroom floor clean unless you have zero hours on it.

1 Like

It is really up to you. What you have now looks good. You could add more, especially chipping, if you want. The rear of the turret area could really take a beating from the aft-caps bouncing and banging around.
Ken

1 Like

The floor looks like my tank after a few days of gunnery down at FT Stewart GA. Red Cloud Alpha.

1 Like

I used only MIG europe dust but yeah i thought so… might add some dark mud

I gonna do a unit that has been a few months deployed. According to the web we got there in December and i wanna make this as if the tank is in late winter/ early spring because i would like to practice some snow effects, so i would guess the tank would have been there at least a few months

1 Like

Got some major updates!

7 Likes

8 Likes

What kind of radios are these? And are these the correct ones during the 90’s?

7 Likes

Coming along niely. It is looking really great.

Those are SINCGARS ICOM radios. They were fielded during the early to mid '90s.

SINCGARS - Wikipedia

Those sure look like the ones we used in the late 90’s as well.

Those look like terrible SINCGARS then.

1 Like