1942: The Turning of the Tide

I’ll be in with the Airfix 1/72 Wildcat. It does come with decals for Operation Torch which would fit the campaign nicely. But I might do one from Starfighter Decals sheet.

These kits are so cheap I might just grab another one to do in the Torch markings.

4 Likes

I’ve got 2 of the new Airfix F4F-4s but it’s the Guadalcanal and the Coral Sea-Midway markings. Two different flavors of P-40F Guadalcanal or Torch markings. An SB2U from Midway and P-400 Aerocobra but it’s more than 25% started. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Maybe one of the F4Fs. :wave:

2 Likes

If I get a chance… I will stick with armour this time and try a Grant from N Africa1942…

1 Like

Nice choice!

Decision made! I’m in with a 1/72 scale Italeri Hudson MkIIIA from No.3 Bomber Reconnaissance Squadron RNZAF Henderson Field Guadal Canal November 1942. I’ve got the kit, I just need to source the decals for it and figure out what colour scheme it was wearing.

Chris

2 Likes

Ok, I’m in. Already have some kits that qualify, so I just need to pick one and hopefully finish it on time :smiley:

1 Like

I am in. The options are endless for 1942 for both planes and AFVs.

I am thinking a Bf 109 or a Hs 129 from Africa, but will probably change my mind a million times :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well, that’s a win! Managed to source some 1/72 scale decals from DK Decals for RNZAF Hudsons! For a total of, get this, 17 RNZAF aircraft! Coming from Modelimex in the Chezc Republic. Can’t wait for the decals to get here!!

Chris

4 Likes

Hello all…I’ve never been part of a group build or campaign but decided that I couldn’t pass this one up. I’ll be doing Rfm’s kv-1 with some additional goodies. I may also do a T-34/76 TBD at a later date.

3 Likes

Excellent. I love to see more Soviet armor.

1 Like

Welcome onboard, Darren. Very fun and addictive to participate in campaigns :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great choice(s), Darren! A good time will be had by all!

Michael :israel:

1 Like

Soo from the Year 1042 you say… Well I have done some figures from the 10th century in the past… All jokes aside Im in, not sure what to pick thou, there are some armour options, but Im also tempted to do the HMS Cornwall - sank in April during the infamous Battle of the Java Sea.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! Cornwall would be interesting.

Michael :israel:

Well, the postman has been kind and delivered my DK decals for the RNZAF Hudson, they look awesome and there are decals for 17 complete schemes! The decals are in perfect register and are quite thin with little excess film surrounding them.

Dk Decals RNZAF Hudsons by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

Dk decals RNZAF Hudsons by Chris Wilson, on Flickr

3 Likes

Still havent decided what to built. The HMS Cornwall is too complex to attempt to do in one year (my “fastest” cruiser was Agano and that took more time). I was thinking about the “light” USS Atlanta (sank 42), but might do a plane.

8 Likes

I’m ready for the starting gun to sound…

4 Likes

I won’t be doing anything till late Jan at the earliest until this cast comes off… :sob:

3 Likes

Phil, you are doing a double build? Have you decided on the schemes?

Johnny, what happened? You broke your arm/hand?

1 Like

Yes, two afrika planes. The decals are for 3 different schemes on Marseilles planes. I’m sure I can find someone else who flew one in N Africa :-).

1 Like