3D HEMTT A4 Conversion Parts in the Works

I have the documentation, but I also need the kit to see if its still the same frame as the HEMTT trucks.

So I’m waiting on that.

1 Like

Saw this 1/72 HEMTT generator truck for Patriot on Scale mates…Maybe Trump/I Love Kits can make it

1 Like

I just figured out how this system works, and its genius.
Its for the E-CHU Rear Slider pads system, the moment it gets the weight of the container on the second pads it it lifts the container about 70mm above the rollers.
Sort of a cantilever system.

I’m like reverse engineering this stuff while designing it.

4 Likes

Also got this in the correct dimensions and shape, this was not easy.
Now I only still have to design the resting-cradle for the thing.

5 Likes

Is this about right?

Got the (heavy) news Saturday:
It seems that bringing the conversion parts that I designed to the market would be very expensive for the customers, and not really beneficial since Trumpeter is bringing the same out during this year.
Although I think the M1074 and M1075 are going to be the A0 version, not A1’s.
The HEMTT A4’s release is a given fact, or so Trumpeter claims.
But they are still asking (almost demanding) the designs from me, what I find very weird.
In a certain way I get 3D-Wild since they are almost complete kits on its own.

No panic everyone that placed a order at 3D-Wild for the A4 set is going to get their money back

So yesterday was my birthday, and I’m thinking of doing something stupid and good:
Releasing everything (except the engines) online, only downside is that all my months of work would deliver me nothing, and that bites a little.

Any advice or help would be welcome.

2 Likes

First, Happy Birthday.
Second, it really comes down to why did you do the work to start with in my opinion. Was it to make money or to help the community. I would go with what you felt before you started. Ultimately your decision but that should help you rest easier with your choice.

2 Likes

Not for the money, at least not for me.
And I did the work because I wanted the models for myself.
If the opportunity presented itself I was hoping to get some free kits out of it.
But the last part was more wishful thinking. :smile:

HEMTT A4:

M1074 A1:

M1075 A1 (OshKosh original CHU with CHU storage unit):

The engines are not included.

Goes without saying, but I’m gonna doe it anyway: PERSONAL USE ONLY!
Printing for a friend at the costs of the material and printer time is okay.

Parts are pre-supported, I already printed them several times.
Have fun folks, and please share some pictures of the finished trucks.

4 Likes

I’m still going to finish the E-CHU and put it online also.

My birthday gifts to you guys.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this. This is a real humanitarian gesture and so very gracious of you. I will for sure be having the A4 parts printed and built. You’re a real gentleman.

3 Likes

Hi Andy,

Happy Birthday, and sorry for the heavy news. Well, maybe your work has accelerated Trumpeters decision to market the -A4/M1074/M1075 kits, so in that regard your work has not been in vain.

Thank you very much for making the files available to us.

Regards

Thomas

3 Likes

First, Thanks for all your hard work on the design of the HEMTT A4 set.
Speaking for myself, I think the A4 set, with engine, that you make to sell on 3D Wild will still be a popular kit, as many of us have HEMTT kits that we can convert to A4 variant (wrecker comes to mind). Also, making the set available through 3D-Wild makes since, as not everyone has a 3d printer.
Again, thanks for all of your hard work.
John

3 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work and research
Oh…happy belated birthday too!

3 Likes

Next up the Enhanced Container Handling Unit:

4 Likes

Heavy Tow Bar installed and a Marine Corps Transparent Armored Gun Shield (MCTAGS) turret on top (without the front MG shield and no MG moun ted (pic shown below has a DShK MG).

2 Likes

What about something I don’t think big companies will touch…Patriot support vehicles…The Power Supply HEMTTS, The Bridge vehicle etc…Maybe a 1/35 M992 conversion…

1 Like

Not touching is one thing, but neither finding someone that wants or can print it is another thing. (I do get the time / profit / efficiency stuff)

Small conversion sets may work.
But entire kits like these is whole other story.

For me personally the sky is the limit and I appreciate the support, but I put a lot of time in it for research, buying books, looking at YouTube, designing.
And all those books and kits don’t grow in my yard. (I’m on welfare (budget) and handicapt)

I’m going to have a look at some ammunition and stowage stuff for these trucks, but I think the story ends here.

My hope was that someone (or brand) would sponsor in a way, but it seems everybody only wants to give me work, and want everything for free. I don’t know about you guys, but my world doesn’t run on :+1: and :heart:.

4 Likes

I was notified, that my order for the 3D HEMTT A4 was canceled! What happened! I received the M1070 conversion kit with no problems!

1 Like

It would be nice to see an M992A2 FFASV conversion kit for either the AFV Club or Tamiya M109A6.

It shouldn’t be that hard to build a full styrene kit.

As for a Bridge layer, I would be patient; eventually, Ryefield will come up with the M1074 JABS soon enough.

1 Like

I would love a newer, modern, AVLB! Even a conversion for one would be welcome!

2 Likes

I would imagine the lower hull side skirts, tracks, wheels and suspension will be common from a Ryefield M1A2 SEP. Upper hull, however; will have to be different. Molded to add hard points for the articulated Bridge laying system, hydraulics, power generator, etc…

It will take some time, but I have faith in RFM to come up with the JABS.

1 Like