3D HEMTT A4 Conversion Parts in the Works

Well thats what I meant…Like maybe just making the power gens like on the back of the HEMTT in the picture ^ I posted. Maybe a M992 conversion to fit on a M109…

2 Likes

From early Dec '23…

I guess they decided it is unprintable for them.

And this is also the reason for handing it out for free now.

1 Like

I have been following this one for a while as I am a fan of these vehicles in all their variations. A superb thread and a very professional effort.

Belated happy birthday, and of course very many thanks for making these files available to us.

2 Likes

First test print on the A4 and M1074, it’s very good !!! Still have to improve the settings on my printer for those kits, and I will be able to built them .
Thank you very much Andy.

5 Likes

Some fitting test on the Italeri wheelbase (mixed A4 and M1074 parts). It fit very well

11 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

They look good to me. Not sure why the on-line company couldn’t print them.

2 Likes

Okay, so I asked Italeri for these 2 kits:

Italeri 1/35 6596 Abrams M1A1
Italeri 1/35 6589 M109 A2/A3/G

If I get them, I’ll design the M1074 JABS and M992A2 FFASV for them.

Lets see what happens.

3 Likes

I would start with better base kits for both models.

Both of those old Italeri kits have fit and size issues. It would be better if they are based on the AFV Club M109 series and either a Meng or Rye Field Abrams. Even the Dragon Abrams are much better than the old Italeri one.

Not sure why you are so set on Italeri kits. Most are old and not that accurate. As I have said before, you get what you pay for; cheapest isn’t always best.

1 Like

I have a very easy explanation for that:
I’m handicap, on welfare, and those kits are the cheapest for me.
Trust me, if the funds where there, or If I would find a sponsor of some kinds, I would be looking at the other brands that may be better and more detailed.

Beggars can’t be choosers, that kind of stuff. Lol

1 Like

You’re doing some quality work, CAD_user. I wanted to express some encouragement and gratitude. I’m sorry to hear that you shared the same sentiment I have dealing with some people and considered leaving this Forum many times after being here since its beginning way back in 2001. Many times, I just wanted to give them a middle finger and leave. Go learn to CAD if you think you can do better! Don’t let it get to you. It’s just a hobby. Please keep up the good work. Take care.

6 Likes

So who is already printing and building?

1 Like

I will be once I get used to the printer I got recently. Thank you for making the files available.

1 Like

that would look good sitting next to my M1150 Assualt Breacher

imagine the cost of the kit

Nobody printed and build a model yet?

1 Like

A friend printed some parts and they are of very very good quality.

2 Likes

I love your work and I am trying to print the parts. Is it possible to get the parts with out the supports. They will print better at angles. Also is it pissible to get the power plant. Im doing this for my dad.

Here you go, the unsupported parts:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rrwyw4pn3iv5ljfd03ylb/HEMTT-A4-Unsup.zip?rlkey=xpfiommxx5t55g1jwro4b3w3q&st=cokryi0s&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jyp4187kn5mlmapqo2tkj/HEMTT-M1074-5-Unsupported.zip?rlkey=76k9ltdsj0ou4ul1ndvz1plmh&st=nkks2u19&dl=0

The engines are not included, I still don’t know what to do about them.
Same goes for the E-CHU part.

Its a weird situation, I asked Caterpillar and G.T. Machining & Fabricating Ltd. for help and they responded that these are “proprietary” designs.

So now I don’t know if I can share my designes or not, and I don’t want any trouble. Lol
I’ll ask again.