3D HEMTT A4 Conversion Parts in the Works

An add-on armor kit.

There were a couple different versions. More pics and a CAD set someone started at the above link by Stryker45.

2 Likes

I could do it, if my wife allow me to buy the kit. Lol
Sure looks interesting Todo, same as the MTVR.

2 Likes

There is no M915A3 kit. The Trumpeter kit is an earlier M915A1 version with a Crane Carrier Corporation (CCC) cab. The M915A3 used a Freightliner cab and is totally different. You would need to design the cab and new bumper, fuel tank, storage locker, etc., etc., plus the armor to add to it.

1 Like

All possible, I have designed more complex and bigger things than that.

2 Likes

I know. Just making sure you design the right version.

1 Like

As Gino said there is no Freightliner kit in 1/35 but there is one in 1/24 and I can send you one if needed. Just toss some printed resin back and I’ll be good :wink:

1 Like

isnt the newest version based on the Mack truck?

Yes, the M915A4 is based on a Mack truck.

4 Likes

Hoping you’ll tackle the MTVR, theres plenty of variety w that truck chassis
Funny you mentioned it wasnt military enough for you…but the USMC thought so lol

1 Like

The shape is not military enough for me:
When I think Army, Navy, USMC and Air Force I always expect vehicles that you don’t see or can buy as a regular person, or at least not easy to buy.

Ow, still wanted to ask you guys, what is the more correct frame for a HEMTT, Italeri or Trumpeter?
Since I’m already this far I might as well design it also.

Already got the wheels for HEMTT, LVRS and PLS designed, next up is the Frame.

3 Likes

Trumpeter’s frame is more detailed and looks much better. Italeri’s is smooth plastic with very little details. Both are the correct length and width, just Trumpeter’s is more detailed and looks much better, just like the rest of their HEMTT kits.

4 Likes

Since I Love Kit have released one LVSR kit, and intend to do more, the armoured cab for the LVSR family would be a nice addition. References are scarce though.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/i-love-kit-63550-lvsr-mkr18-cargo--1523449

Legend makes the MCTAGS turret.

3 Likes

Does the Hemtt use the same wheels that are on M-ATV and Maxxproo? If so, I hope you can up scale your CAD to 1/16 brother cause those big boys (Trump M-ATV & Maxxpro) in 1/16 needs new tires.

I think it are not the same wheels.

Looking at the box art of the kits they look very different.

On it, already got the cabin designed.
Converting it to the armoured version should not be difficult, but I don’t have the MCTAGS 1/35 to make it fit.

Does the armoured MTVR from Trumpeter have the MCTAGS in the kit?

I don’t have the kit myself, but it would be surprising if not.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/trumpeter-01080-mk23-mtvr-with-armor-protection-kit--1257417

This one looks usefully to design the MTVR parts, and do the MCTAGS with LVSR armoured cabin at the same time.

I wonder how pissed off Legend ect would be if I put it online for free. Lol

1 Like

From Hobbysearch

2 Likes

Yup, I need that kit.
That is going on my Scalemates wishlist.

1 Like

I have acquired a 3D printer and plan to start printing soon. Will you be offering the files for 120mm ammo pallets and the 155mm powder canisters and rounds as well?

2 Likes