3D HEMTT A4 Conversion Parts in the Works

Hello
Where can we find your kits in Europe ?
Thank you

1 Like

3d-wild.com ships global.
I have been looking for someone to print in Europe, but either they are not interested or the few that are only want to buy the files and I would have to sign away the designers rights.

1 Like

Thanks
They ship global but with postage fees and taxes, custom …
I’m a bit scared

1 Like

And this is the M1075 (also test print), but I need to reprint the engine cover.
It was curling up and I tried to bend it back to shape, and it broke.

All build on the Italeri frame since a very big part of the kit is unused when building a A4 or M1075 PLS.
So I tought why buy the expensive Trumpeter then?
All the parts that distinguish the Trumpeter kit from Italeri kits goes unused for a PLS version, not if you build any other version, then you could opt for a Trumpeter kit.
But I am going to put a Trumpeter container on these PLS. Lol

Now its looking what parts needs adjustment, and more or less details.

3 Likes

Not for me. To me, the best parts of the Trumpeter kit are the frame and undercarriage detail parts. The trumpeter kit is still a thousand times better than the Italeri kit, even to use as a base for the conversions. It just has a better overall finesse and details. But to each their own.

2 Likes

Ok, granded - to each their own.

I’m more of a “build it, shelf it” guy and I look upon my models about 4 times a year.
But what I can see from a distance has to be correct.
So the frame doesn’t bother me much, the suspension does.

The Italeri kit has the advantage that their goes a part extra on at the back.
So for building the M1075 PLS that is golden, where you have to cut a part from the frame to make a A2 or A4, you just leave the frame whole and add the extra part to make it a M1075 PLS.

1 Like

Italeri’s parts for the LHS and elevation parts are really weak. Beware, the rear hinge is supposed to be a snap on affair, but it doesn’t stay put. I replaced it with a hinge from sheet/stock styrene and resin when I built my M1074 (a couple years before Trumpeter’s came out). I definitely wouldn’t use Italeri’s parts now that Trumpeter has one. As I said before, to each their own, but to me, you get what you pay for.

2 Likes

I’m designing the rear part of the frame with the rollers on top for the M1075.
Can’t use the M1120 PLS, seems to be verry different.
Also got a link to govplanet where there are 2 MKR18’s for sale. Thanks for that.

Should I design these also?
Yay or nay, let me hear it. Lol

To be honest the trucks are growing on me.

2 Likes

The LVSR is the most interesting variant in my eyes, and also the “current” version.

One of the reasons that the M1120 and the 1075 look different is the amount of weight that they are able to lift. The PLS can lift more with its loading hook. It can lift the FRS (Foward Repair System) where the LHS is not rated to lift it due to the fact that it weighs to much.

1 Like

One of the reasons that the M1120 and the M1075 look different is the fact, they are two different vehicles. The HEMTT family has four axles, the M1074/M1075 PLS has five. The M1120 has a 11.5 ton capacity while the PLS has a 16 ton capacity.

Regards Thomas

1 Like

OK, I pulled the trigger and just ordered one of the HEMTT A4 sets. Easy, seamless order using PayPal. I’ll let everyone know when it gets here.

It will become either an M977A4 Cargo Truck or an M984A4 Wrecker, we’ll see.

2 Likes

Gino, what kit will you be using as the base, Italeri or Trumpeter?

1 Like

If I go with the M977 cargo truck, it will be the Trumpeter M1120 frame with Italeri M977 cargo bed and crane parts. If I do it as the M984 wrecker, it will be all Trumpeter parts. As I have stated before, the Italeri parts are pretty weak compared to Trumpeter and I will only use what Italeri I have to to get the version I want.

2 Likes

I noticed the PLS system rests on the the holders of the axle on the real trucks:

If you cut the rear supports of the PLS guide and place it on the rear axle support you respect the distance between the wheels and everything fits perfectly, I made the support like this for both A4 and M1074/5A1 versions:

For M1074/5’s the distance between the 2nd axle and the 3rd is 98mm.
For the M977, M978, M1120 and M1977 its 109mm.

2 Likes

Coming together nicely, and the length is spot on.

I’m very happy with the result.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what your above reference pic is of, but I don’t think it an M1074A1 PLS. Your hook/lift mechanism is too far forward. There is no room for either a work platform and or CHU mount, or the crane present on them. In the below drawing from Oshkosh, the mount is behind the first rear wheel spring mount, almost centered bewteen the two rear wheels.

You can see the mount further back here as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the HEMTT A4. (See the front air suspension?)
I’ll do the M1074A1 and M1075A1 next.

5 Likes

Ah, I thought you were working on the M1074/75A1 PLS. Yes, the M1120A4 lift mechanism is more forward w/o a work platform. On the PLS, it is further back.

1 Like

Working on both versions.
This is going to be the M1074A1 or M1075A1.
Leaning more and more towards a M1074A1 because of the crane.

4 Likes