3D HEMTT A4 Conversion Parts in the Works

Nice. I vote for the M1074A1 as well due to the crane. That is one reason I did my M1074 conversion.

2 Likes

Sweet, you did a M1074 already!
I’m doing the A1 version for obvious reasons. :sunglasses:

To be honest, since I’m doing these trucks I’m getting the urge to build a diorama.
Never did one before, but getting the feeling for one.

1 Like

Agree, the M1074/M1074A1 is the most interesting PLS variant, due to the crane and the diorama possibilities, the crane gives.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

hmmm, this would be a cool design and build project:

6 Likes

It does appear interesting and how the forces are going. I would guess a solar panel might be added on top of the cab. That said none of it looks military proof. It would be deadlined after the first turn, we cannot have nice things. Not only that with electric batteries, imagine the run away fires. Those are not combat friendly. Still a cool looking vehicle.

3 Likes

If you make it, I’ll buy it :+1::blush:

2 Likes

Not done yet, but the cabin is getting along:

4 Likes

Looking good. USMC LVSR?

3 Likes

Yes sir, it is the Mkr18 LVSR truck.

1 Like

3 stages of development from left to right,
First the bottom was closed but placing on the frame was challenging, then I made it open but you had a seam on top.

And finally no more seams:

7 Likes

Nice work.

1 Like

Another LVSR photo, the gunners cupola is something special for this vehicle.

Regards Thomas

1 Like

The above is an armored version of the LVSR.

The turret is not unique to it though. It is a standard USMC MCTAGS armored turret. It is available from Live-Resin and Legend.

Live-Resin MCTAGS turret. (35235)

Legend version. (3D016)

2 Likes

Thanks for the pictures guys, I’ll look into that.

Does anyone knows a website or book with pictures of a M1074A1?
I need pictures of the crane and how it sits on the frame.
I’m getting the feeling I need to design that. lol

1 Like

I am pretty sure it is the same as the M1074 crane. The only difference from the crane on an M977 is the position of the hydraulic cylinders on the outriggers. On the PLS, they are lower and extend below the crossbar.

1 Like

I mailed Oshkosh defense for some pictures.
Its a long shot, but you never know.
Maybe someone reads their emails and has a good enough day to answer it.

2 Likes

I found 1 picture of the backside, now I need a picture of the frontside and hopefully the sides.
Already mailed the guy who sold this on ebay if he can provide me the pictures.

1 Like

Modelers without money (like me) use Italeri because its cheaper.
Although they stopped the production of the M1120 kit, so I’m being forced to go the Trumpeter road.

1 Like

I’m kind of in the same boat but opposite situation - I spend my allowance $60 - $100 at a time on kits and supplies, but never have the $400 to get into 3D printing!

Benefit of 3d printing is that your time and imagination to design something is your limit.

Buying a 3d printer is the best investment I made regarding modelbuilding.

2 Likes