3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

That’s the Sarab-1 from Cults3d is it?

Yup. Interested parties must purchase the STL from here:

1 Like

OMG, these are sensational.

that Sarab looks fantastic!im looking forward to it.

A quick fun project [non-armor] for some swimming pool cleaner supplier. It’s a key chain model of acid bottle crate:

Must have the GHS corrosivity pictogram! :smiley:

Actually, just revised it a bit to be compliant with the US OSHA regulation - the GHS pictogram must have a white background and red border. :smiley:

Reference photos:

2 Likes

Oh, that M27 is sweeet! 1/16 is a great scale to get extreme details.

Mario

1 Like

I asked a company about 1/16 scale NLAWs and Javelins, but they said their CAD model works in 1/35 but is too simplified for 1/16.

James, I think you have both models in your catalog, would you be able to print them in 1/16 with the amount of detail seen on the M27 you printed for Trisaw?

Mario

2 Likes

Thanks Mario for your kind words- especially from a master modeller like you. I’ve been a fan of your work for like 20 years. Haha

Yeah. Printing NLAWs and Javelins in 1/16 would be lots of fun! Whoever you’ve talked to makes no sense to me. The details should have been made great from the start if the designs were based on a real subject. Just remind you though. The international shipping from US is like $20… :frowning:

Any update on the modern glad hands?

1 Like

Planning on them this weekend. Should be fairly quick like an hour or two. Have too many orders to finish… Been working on SINCGARS mounts and it’s a bear…

3 Likes

Good deal. I’ll be buying a few once done.

1 Like

Happy Veterans day btw! 11/11/22!
Thank you for your service to those many Armoramans here who are veterans or currently active!

4 Likes

Thanks James! 20 years went by so fast, right? :slight_smile:

Yes, I know. The shipping from the US is a problem, as well as the import taxes. I was thinking of making this figure into Ukrainian soldier and wanted to give him the NLAW.

I guess he’ll be without it then.

Cheers,
Mario

1 Like

I assume no one’s noticed that the stock is wrong on the M27? It should look more like this instead of the standard HK stock.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it. The stock on that M27 is an A5 slimline stock.

And not the E1 usually found on the M27.

4 Likes

Ah, I just noticed it, too! :smiley: Thanks for pointing that out. It should be a quick fix in CAD.

3 Likes

Modern version of the US truck air brake connector/glad hands in progress:

SINCGARS mount in progress as well. Slowly…

Trying to finish both of these by tomorrow (Sun.) or Mon. next week…

5 Likes

Still not done with the SINCGARS radio mount… Pausing and retrying the foundry markings. Reduced the size about 45%. The thickness about 0.28 mm and height about 1 mm per number/letter.

3 Likes

The glad hands are looking good. I personally would prefer if you left the hose end off and just made a hole in the end of the glad hand.

1 Like
1 Like