3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

OK, this should do the trick:
For @SableLiger

@Dan, comparing them to my previous attempt (bottom ones are the new prints):

At x5 magnification:

4 Likes

Fine work there James,you amaze me,can you post pics of the heads you did. Pete

2 Likes

I have printed 100+ air brake connectors and glad hands… Someone bought them like Halloween candies.
The heavy tow bars are selling like candies, too. Someone ordered like 20 of them.
For all others, please excuse me the delay. Got these heavy hitter orders lately.

2 Likes

Hi Pete,
“Heads”? Like figure heads?

Yes, aren’t they in your list?

i agree with @John_Chambers. it’ll work as well on the M106 Heavy Tank, which has the same badge on the side of the turret.

2 Likes

Hi Pete,
I will need to dig through my Google photos b/c it has been a while since I’ve printed them. If not, I’ll have to email you the CAD screenshots unfortunately…

Kind regards,
James

That will work ,thanks Pete

It is the foundry symbol for the 'General Steel Castings Corporation, Eddystone Pennsylvania - and from 1948 onwards - Granite City Illinois:

You can also see them on some M48 turrets:

2 Likes

and some M60:

A wider market for your product Pete

Anyone interested in Sherman foundry markings, where a lot of them continued to provide turrets etc after WW2, see here:
http://the.shadock.free.fr/sherman_minutia/data/Sherman_Foundry_Symbols_and_Trademarks.pdf

2 Likes

Looks like an M48A5, since it looks like an M48 turret, but has an M60 top-loading air filter box.

I’ll defer to greater knowledge.
The same vehicle:

Others:

Different casting:

Yeah, that’s a mixed bag you’re showing there, but the point is not lost - those castings can be used on a number of vehicles. I started using the cut out ones years ago on Tamiya M60A2 turrets. I added one to that CBBS housing I used to cast and sell as well. Thank God those days are over. I burned through quite a ew ESCI kits…

3 Likes

Yeah; the main thing is that the casting could be used on several post WW2 tanks, like the M48 and M60, which were cast by Genral Steel Castings.

I think its a M60 that has been upgraded.

They look quite smaller

I did a little checking and it’s an early M60 with the small turret, but the hull has the top-loading air boxes and early cast aluminum roadwheels.

Here’s the same variation tank on display at Camp Shelby, MS.

1 Like

Yes, a Slick '60

1 Like

Experimented the G steel castings marking on my WIP Tamiya M48A3. I can live with it but not sure if it’s sellable b/c it looks a bit thick. Some sanding may help, which I did not do:

2 Likes

Looks much better than the one on the Eduard PE set, that’s for sure.