8 Wheelers from 1965 - to Present

While Z jumps out as Ukraine battle front today, other letters are used that might apply to this vehicle. Little less touchy as most don’t think about those letters.

1 Like

I guess that will depend on how much paint you have left of each color … this might take a few bottles,… :laughing:
it is beautiful and huge, the figure next to it is really great to show its size … :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Or a tractor trying to pull it. :joy:

1 Like

Lol… I think that would be a straight in line pull for 2 or 3 John Deere 6250s :grin:

1 Like

I did say trying, not succeeding….like the little engine that could….but cannot in this case. A little real world with humor.

1 Like

That would turn into a real barn find in 30 or 40 years …

1 Like

John, there is a good video on Youtube with good clear footage of a Pantsir. Might be of use?

1 Like

Yeah cheers Bert. I have seen a few now as well. It’s good to see them for real and close up instead of the usual publicity photos etc. :+1:

Finished the turret for all major parts apart from the SA22s. Will do those tomorrow.

Next will be firming up which colour to give it… I still leaning to the sand.
I will also be making sure all the smaller parts like windscreen wipers, side window vents, the clear lens etc are all accounted for so I can paint them before they go on.
I also have to touch paint a few areas on the chassis, and drill out the exhaust still.

5 Likes

I found some odd cam images of Pantsirs, it said Syrian, but not sure if they are genuine or not … What do you reckon ??

If they are real, I like the last one with the sort of tree design, but it looks complex …the top one is probably doable …

4 Likes

What do you mean by genuine John? Like exist in real life vs CGI? They look real enough to me. I think they’re all quite unique and I say go for one.

@DennisatAutoloader has gotten pretty proficient at painting tanks like trees, I see no reason you couldn’t pull it off.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry should of explained…genuine as in a real cam scheme and not photo shopped or as you said CGI type of thing

Ok, time to get stuck in

I’ve been holding off on this build as I was trying to lay my hands on the Real Models Resin/PE upgrade set, but my local RM source hasn’t been able to get it in.

Such is life however, so OOB it’s going to be (maybe…).

Had originally planned on being boring and building this crate trundling though Kandahar, but on opening the box, Trumpter presents you with a set of UN markings. A LAV III on a UN mission? I’m intrigued.

Turns out we deployed a few to Ethiopia and Eritrea back before Afghanistan kicked off under the UNMEE banner.

Sadly trumpeter cocked it up and misspelled the UN mission decal UMMEE :pensive:.

That being said, Trumpeter’s decals suck and the fewer I need to use the better. Not sure what my replacement plan is, but that’s a ways down the road anyway.

5 Likes

I’m tank Bob Ross, happy little trees!

2 Likes

Nice one Don. I also have this one, so will be watching with interest in how it goes together.

They look real to me John. And oh they’re ALL do-able. Just that last one would involve weeks of cutting stencils. Paint the whole thing green, then put down cut tape where you want to stay green, then paint it sand…it would look the dogs danglies but oh the work involved!

hence why that one will not be getting done lol … I will be doing it as a Syrian one, not a Russian one … although even thats 6 of one and half a dozen of the other …

Edit. Although now looking into it a bit more, Algeria use them as do Serbia, which would probably be green … and Ukraine has captured at least one — so that could be cunning plan involving markings for both countries on the same wagon … Need to try and find an image of an Algerian one though.

1 Like

My glass ball tells me that sometime in the future i will have a winter camouflage Pantsir… but then again, it also tells me that all the kits i buy will be built in a year or so :wink:

1 Like

I got the base color down, now I just need to paint the details, put down a gloss coat, decal it, and start weathering. Here’s what it looks like now, with the masks removed from the red cross panels.

12 Likes

Gets my vote. The red crosses jump right out. The green looks nice as well :+1: you doing kit tyres or resin ones ?