8 Wheelers from 1965 - to Present

Excellent build, it was fun to follow, and the camo is just spectacular. Very well done.

2 Likes

Thank you Matthew, I’m glad you enjoyed following it as was a fun build and it was quite an enjoyable scheme to paint.

I enjoyed building my Trump MEV but the decals disintegrated as soon as they got wet. Was able to hit up the ‘ole spare parts box’ for everything but the Red Crosses. That being said, can’t imagine you’d see the crosses on a real battlefield considering the current “all’s fair” attitude displayed by some groups around the planet.

Hello,
it’s to join here with a classic LAV 25 A2 from Trumpeter with some addons.

There are no difficulties to point out and the building is working well. Anti-slip is made with Mig product (easy to use).

That’s all for now…

6 Likes

Great to have you join in Gil17. Its built up & nice quick and looks very good with what you have done so far. The additional extras are looking the part as well. some lovely work being done. :+1:

1 Like

Hello,
Ready for painting ! Some parts like mirrors, MG mount and wiring will be added after the paint.

Thanks for watching.

11 Likes

That’s built up terrific Gil, the anti slip looks really well done and the extra resin kit updates and how they look take it up several levels… What’s the paint scheme going to be ?

I think it will be green overall with tan for the EWS system for colors variations and a bit muddy. But preshading, postshading, transparator ??? I don’t know yet.

Sounds like a plan but whatever you decide on it’s going to look great :+1:

1 Like

And I’m off and crawling. AMT’s 1/35 LAV-AT.

No clue What I’m doing or really how to go about doing it. The kit comes with one camo pattern and 3 USMC serial numbers. I guess I’m armed and only a danger to myself. :wave:

7 Likes

This started life as an Esci Kit Mark … so expect the worse and hope for better. :grin:

Joke aside, I have no idea how this one builds up. Some of ESCI’s armour kits were quite good for the time and still hold up okay, but most were average at best.

Just have fun with it and if things go a bit off, just smile and wave…

If Camo puts you off, they were used in Iraq too:

If someone has the Italeri kit, they may be able to supply you with decals.

Italeri has two options: sand and sand/green. I think that an overall green would not be wrong either as those would be stored vehicles.
https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/8/6/4/1019864-63-instructions.pdf

The AMT kit parts/layout looks very similar to the Italeri kit.

Have fun and don’t over think it.

1 Like

Welcome to this build Mark, good to see you up and running. I am still thinking of doing another 8 wheeler for this and the LAV III… Be good to see how you get on with this one :+1:

1 Like

Hello,
basic paint is done.
After a Vallejo polyurethan primer I used NATO green and Tan from AK RC colors. Coats are very diluted adding more pale sand each time.

Thanks for watching.

10 Likes

Thats looking great Gil. paint is looking very nice the way you applied it, nice depth and highlighted areas. :+1:

Looking sweet Gil. Those aftermarket sets have made a lot of difference.

I’m a bit late to the party, but I’ve just started the Revell SpPz2 Luchs A2 in 1:35. I know the Takom kit is much better, but I had the Revell kit in the stash since before the dinosaurs turned to oil and didn’t want to find & pay for the Takom one. It’ll be an OOB “speed build” rather than my usual diversion into hyper-detailing that tends to stall builds. Should be possible to make the deadline!

6 Likes

Nice to have you here Tom,that Luchs will be a nice addition to the group. And there is plenty of time for a fast OOB build … good luck.

Sorry guys, I completely forgot about my Bereg build. Ive been swamped working on a 1/350 ship lately…and really need to finish the truck up.

All the builds I missed look phenomenal, really been enjoyable catching up

1 Like