8 Wheelers from 1965 - to Present

Excellent, hope we can see the beast finished … it had been nicely painted in that cam as well … shouldnt take a lot to get it over the line … fingers crossed Jeff :+1:

Just a note that the Luchs is in progress! This is where it started on Monday, but now there is a forest of linkages and axles…

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s moving along nicely … Keep up the great work :+1:

AFV Club M1126 ICV with 3D printed A1 Double V hull upgrade from Shapeways. I’ll post more detailed pictures later.

5 Likes

Hello,
first light weathering and details.

Thanks for watching.

7 Likes

Lovely :+1:… weathering looks great and I really like the contrast in colours from the green and the desert colour add ons… Great work :+1:

Just wanted to update my submission with some better pics.

8 Likes

Hi Reynier, lovely clean build and lots of nice detailing. I like the little bits such as the red bolts on the shackles and the recovery cable …
Did you think about adding some dirt to the tyres ? They look very new… It may not be finished yet …just a thought. Also, for future builds, I think the vision blocks should have a pinkish red anti flash coating ? And I’m not sure if the air intake cover should be black ? It’s a great build though and you’ve done a cracking job. I will definitely be getting another Stryker, I quite fancy the Mortar one as I think you get some internal detailing with it. I have only done a trumpeter one so far and everyone says the AFV Club ones are the way to go ?

Hello,
weathering done !
As I saw on vidéos and pictures they are in quiet good conditions so I think it’s enought.
I worked with acrylics and enamel products.

Still some details to add and it will be finished !

Thanks for watching.

12 Likes

Looks great. :+1:

1 Like

Really nice looking LAV Gil. Weathering and the painting look just right… Not overdone at all. Great work :+1:

2 Likes

Nicely done Gil!

1 Like

Just a little “proof of life” for my Luchs! It’s got camo, gloss, and decals, so should be done by New Year…

7 Likes

Excellent… The finish is just around the corner… So should breeze it Tom… Cam looks great as well… :+1:

How did I lose track of this one! 11 days, any thoughts of an extension?

1 Like

Yesterday, I finally got the brass rods I ordered that I needed to replace the broken resin parts in my ASLAV-R conversion. I can now finish assembly and then think about paint… 11 days is cutting it for me too.

1 Like

No probs chaps. Will ask one of the campaign gurus to extend it out to the 14th of Jan if that helps you both ?

2 Likes

Hello,
I think I can call it finished. The bulrushes are made with electrical wire and paper, water with resin.
In case of an extension I may had a fig.

Thanks for watching.

11 Likes

Noice! :+1::+1:

1 Like

That setting looks superb Gil … Perfect finish for it… The bullrushes look brilliant… I will be looking for the time extension but I am happy to call yours finished Gil … If you want to go for the fig, then full steam ahead… there’s no pressure on time constraints that way :+1:

1 Like