African Nations - Land, Sea, Air or Elephant platforms- Friend or Foe

Neither do I, I just like the look of the rafale and impulse bought one lol! Now I need a reason to build it

I’ll give it a go if you let me know what you want. Due to the medallion size limitation, you need the central object small and easily identifiable. A lion head and crown will not be clear in the blended yellow/orange tones of the medal types.
example8

But if you deviate to Black and gold you might get something like this.:
lionhead2

I’m thinking the silhouette of Africa in the medallion and possibly a ribbon of black, brown, orange and yellow for the spectacular sunsets over the Savanna would be do-able along the main colour theme.

Something as simple as this rough concept for the medallion:
africamedaldraft

5 Likes

I love the last one! I do like the black and gold lion but the continent on it is great!

You don’t need to, Napoleon in Egypt: sorted!

I fancy a figure, something odd and far back in time; but if this fancy liquid decal film stuff really can fix old decals I might be doing something from the Rhodesian Republican Air Force…

Regards,

M

Peter that looks awesome. It’s got my vote.

Awesome looking medals! I did not know we reinstated the medal/ribbon system. Where will the medal show up on the profile?

I think this one is done - transparent background and all.
Africa award

I assume you will be able to copy the award and then post it into the Campaign staging post Phil.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to this one. I was pretty sure I was going to do a B-25 but all the creative things people have been talking about makes me think of other possibilities.

I am looking forward to this too. I am doing something from the Suez conflict, either this:

Which will need a little scratchbuilding for the kit I have
or this:

Which will require a bit more scratchbuilding…

I am being drawn to the latter…

1 Like

I’ll be doing either Dragons Pz II F or Tamiya M40 Semovente. Leading toward the semovente

Question: do you consider Sinai 1967 as Africa or Asia? It is part of Egypt…

It is in, at least in my opinion.

Thanks, than I might be joining this one as well… got a couple of things waiting to be built…

I’ve got a BM-21 from Zvezda lined up. I was originally going to do one from the Angola civil war, but I’ve belatedly realized that the Zvezda kit is based on a new model Ural chassis.

I have in the mean time however found some, very blurry but interesting looking pics of them in Ethiopian service and they’re such poor quality you can’t tell what truck they’re on!

1 Like

I’m still interested in joining with a Portuguese Fiat G91. It’s the Meng kit so should be a trouble free build.

1 Like

I’ll build a AMX10 RCR SEPAR as currently used in Mali in operation Barkhane. The model is the Tiger Model one. I’ll add a crew and probably add-ons from Blast Model.

Olivier

2 Likes

This might be pushing too hard against the rules but how about an Egyptian GAZ-69 Snapper captured by the IDF in 67 and now in IDF colours. I already have the frame of the GAZ built.

That is a bit of a stretch. Was it in turn used by the IDF in Africa?

Thanks for the reply Phil. I do not know if it served in the Sinai or other areas so I will just pull the RFM T-34/122 Egyptian SP Howitzer out of the stash.

1 Like

I am in!

I have a Somalian T-54 under construction, as well as an Egyptian Mig-19 and a Biafran Texan (both 1/32), but started kits do not meet the rules. So I have to muster the stash again which kit would suite here. I am inclined to build an african Mirage 5 or a Mig-17 in 1/32.

Would a Spanish Air Force aircraft from the Canary Island qualify?

The Texan from Biafra war:

The Mig-19:

The somalian T-54:

Regards!

• dutik
5 Likes