Albatros! Albatros!

We try to get 10 and you would be the fourth to raise his hand, Mr Clark. Not sure how to generate more interest…

1 Like

I’m going to do an Albatros for the Steffan Arndt memorial campaign. But I have more, so if folks are interested, please raise your hand!

While I have your attention - I’m thinking of doing a plane from Jasta 5. How does one create a mask to pipe the tail edge red? It seems that Eduard used to sell a precut mask for just such a purpose but it seems to be long gone now…

1 Like

The D III kit has no plumbing for the radiator. That’s a fairly conspicuous feature of an Albatros so I’m surprised there is none. Now, I have a D V kit that has the radiator plumbing. But I don’t have good resources for research. Is the radiator plumbing the same on the D III and the D V? I’m thinking I can use my D V parts as a template for making something using wire for my D III, but I really don’t know what I’m doing…

HI, is it only for the WW I Albatros? I have a L-39 to build… :wink:

Well, I was thinking of WW1 Albatros planes :smile:

A quick look at my copy of Jack Herris’ book on Albatros Fighters seems to show that the radiator plumbing was extremely similar.

I thought of Monty Python before I opened the post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I can say if not…Ni

3 Likes

A path! A path! A path! Shh, shhh. Ni! Ni!
Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the
mightiest tree in the forest…
Wiiiiiithh… A HERRING!

2 Likes

I’d be in!
Currently practicing my biplane wing and rigging building.

Hey all, thought I’d give this a bump and see if anymore would be interested.

How about 2022?

I’m still game!

I am still game for this :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Me too! This got me wondering since there’s not enough for a campaign, perhaps there’d be interest in doing a dual or tri build on the WWI site. Like I’ve got Eduard’s D.III weekend edition, and somebody else has something different. A way to show off different variants or different kit mfg’s, or even different schemes. Just a thought, since I’m trying to add biplanes to my skill set of modeling, so I’ll be doing a biplane pretty soon.

Why don’t we just post our builds here? Maybe others will get interested and join in?

I have two Eduard Albatros started. I hope but am not at all convinced I’ll get the one done for the memorial build. But I’ll post the wrapping up pics of the other here. And I have another one I can do :-).

I have several that I could build

OK. Why don’t we start posting new builds here starting jan 1 and maybe if we get enough folks joining in we can make it into a real campaign? I’ll post the finishing up pics of my Albatros D III here and then start a new D V.

The Albatross sits on a field,
awaiting.
Great success,
'tis contemplating.
The Albatross.

The Albatross dreams that soon,
it will sore through the sky,
and chase the moon.
The Albatross.

The Albatross is a thirsty machine,
quaffs oil, water,
and gasoline.
The Albatross.

But the Albatross has met its doom.
The Albatross fall down,
go boom.

-Unknown

Count me in for this campaign.

1 Like

So I don’t think there was enough interest just in the Albatros, but there seems to be plenty of interest in a Great War build (https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/the-great-war-2023-multi-genre/25323 so I would encourage you to do your Albatros builds as part of that.

1 Like