All Things Apocalyptic and Adorable

My 1/24 Masterbox figure is built and I still need to do some putty work before washing and priming.

Fit was generally excellent and the Zoukei-Mura Pro-Zetzu Precision Nipper was great in cutting off the plastic parts.

Sorry for the poor quality photos.

5 Likes

Finally got some apocalypse work done … I put together the folding drivers windscreen, I just need to make up some brackets from spare PE. And find a lone windscreen wiper…( I hadn’t thought about that :thinking:)

The windscreen is from the Cr1 transparency sheet, there is an area that was the perfect size :+1:

Also attached the winch housing and added an old tow hook …looks ok … and let’s not forget… This is the apocalypse… You’d make do with what you could get your hands on …

5 Likes

A bit of stretched sprue, some tissue to represent a rag - you are done:
:rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, two bits of stretched sprue, one from near the end with a taper, the other flattened a bit, and you can make one.

4 Likes

Windscreen wiper is done…

Thank you Pantsir (again) :grin:

Have started building up an upper MG armoured surround… Nothing fancy, just basic protection…

Steady progress is better than none … :+1:

6 Likes

Primed with Mr. Surfacer 1500 Black.

I normally use Tamiya gray primer, but since this is supposed to be a Post-Apocalyptic figure, I decided to use black.

6 Likes

Basecoat more or less finished.

I used AK Interactive’s “IDF and Woodland Camouflage” paints and Monument Hobbies paints. Monument Hobbies of the U.S.A. makes some of the best paints but they’re wargaming colors…not military colors.

I still need to wash, shade, highlight, drybrush, ink, and detail paint.

4 Likes

In the wasteland, every commodity and “trash” is precious.

Raider John knows this as he stands over some rusted pipes and parts. These metal parts will have uses elsewhere.

I’m calling this one finished. It’s built OOTB and painted, washed, inked, and drybrushed with Vallejos, Monument Hobbies, and MIG drybrushing paints. The resin pipes were cast by a hired caster for a 1/24 firetruck resin chassis that I never built. The grass tuffs are from Army Painter.

This figure was a quick and fast build and while I could have added pinstripe tape or PE for bedroll straps, I elected not to because of the Masterbox plastic detailing. Overall, it’s a very nice 1/24 plastic Apocalyptic figure kit.

9 Likes

Looks nice Peter. Great colours and tones on the clothes and face. Base display finishes it all off nicely :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks, Johnny!

2 Likes

Hello boys and gouls… (couldn’t resist the cliche). My zombie diorama is ready to show. The photos are scattered across my camera and my phone, so it’ll take me a bit to collect them all for upload. This MAIM figure was just too good to pass up. He pretty much dictated the direction that the diorama was going to take.

5 Likes

This is the bridge / culvert he is escaping from.

8 Likes

This is the mock up. More tomorrow…

9 Likes

Looking good Evan and really like that stone wall … Nicely done :+1:

Decided to give the Rover a black bonnet

Will get the .50 and passenger MG & mount done in the next few days …

5 Likes

Thanks John. I’m happy with the wall - first time carving one - but feel it is ever so slightly out of scale. Regardless, I learned a few things from doing it.

1 Like

No, I think its spot on mate, you have a nice balance of stone sizes and the figure fits in with the size as well … Very nice :+1:

2 Likes

Pics of Zombie Dude. I seem to have lost the pics of painting him up. The figure, being 3D printed (?) had a number of “warts” and gates that I left on as they added to the chaos. First time I never having to clean up casting blemishes! But what a great pose.The roots are from my backyard painted with a burnt sienna oil wash, embellished with Noch leaves and static grass,

9 Likes

Nice figure, and I do like the schrubbery!

—mike :smiling_imp:

1 Like

That looks really cool …:+1:

1 Like

Running out of time so switching to Plan B…

I started with a box and began gluing parts to it.

6 Likes

This thing is much bigger than planned and eating up lots of spare parts.

The boxes are three shot missile launchers.

6 Likes