Australian Centurion Vietnam - Build and Info

Wife was spending time with her mother over the weekend, so two solid days to myself. Made good use of the time and completed the build phase on the Aussie Cent.

PRC 25 scratched and added to the turret. Not perfect but ‘good enough for government work’ as some of you are wont to say.

Front Fender detail. The brackets and reinforcing strip was welded in places. Stretched sprue used to replicate. Also added the weld bead on the extra armour plate on the glacis:

Side view including the Eduard Etch stowage box reinforcements. A lot easier to shape than I thought, but the set is short some if you want to do the full length reinforced version.

Lost the rear tow hook mount to the Carpet Monster’s evil cousin, the Tile Monster. How something so big, and green, could be lost on cream coloured tiles is beyond me…

Rear fender close up. Note the weld bead from hull to fender strip and the short welds along the side strip. Cut out the section of the AFV CLUB tow cable hooks so they would slip over the fender bracket not fitted in a notch like the kit fenders are.

Note also the filler in the sink marks. Would not be an AFV Club kit without a few of these issues.

Overall view:

Next stop a bath then primer.

6 Likes