Battle of the Bulge

Started on the paint and first layer of detail.

10 Likes

I don’t know why you shy away from vehicles Jerry, your work is so outstanding.

Thanks man. Very kind. It takes so long to build them is why.
I would rather show the human aspect in my vignettes and dios. The vehicles are all just backdrops. Not that I don’t admire the guys that are rock star vehicle builders !
J

2 Likes

Speaking of taking long. After days and days here is all I have so far on this. Every section here is in a different stage of completion though.

13 Likes

It’s like going to a classy restaurant and they prep & cook a delicious meal right in front of you, (mellowing out on a preliminary cheeky Tempranillo) – J that’s Grille-d, and extremely well done…alas somehow I don’t think you’ll let me eat it. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks ol matey. Haven’t seen you about lately.
Hopefully all is OK ?
And many thinks for the nice comment,
J

2 Likes

You’re most welcome, I am therefore I lurk J - never been away & posted you many likes, I’m all over the place on these forums in every sense of the phrase! Keep on doing what you’re doing, it’s great. :+1:
(Thanks for asking btw, all OK & hopefully same with you)

2 Likes

Looking very good mate … nice build and subtle weathering so far :+1:

1 Like

So far so good JR , looks beautiful !!!

1 Like

Looks great, can’t wait to see what it turns out like!

1 Like

Thanks man, all goo here as well. Hopefully more assignation dio work in the near future ?
J

2 Likes

Thanks man!
J

1 Like

Thanks buddy!
J

1 Like

Thank you sir!
J

1 Like

Made some more slow progress on the Grille. Fashioned a travel dust cover for the breech and hung it over the side as well as added various cloth items like rags and blankets. Painted the stenciling on various stowage boxes as well. More details to build coming up.

13 Likes

So nicely detailed. I always love the little details like the rag and the hand done stencils for the boxes. very neat. were the rags just tissue and then PVA and painted ?

1 Like

Thanks John. All the cloth items I now make using epoxy putty like Apoxy clay or Apoxy sculpt.
It takes a bit to get used to using it but in the end it looks better I think. Once you get the hang of it you can roll it out to fairly big pieces and even make covers for open top vehicles/trucks, etc etc.
J

2 Likes

Well, your practice has paid off mate. You have nailed it :+1:

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter wether you are doing a figure, a group of figures or a vehicle… they all look fantastic!

1 Like

Thank you sir. Very kind thing to write.
J

1 Like