Biking Days Officially over ..... For ever

Well, guess you won’t be doing any building or working for a while, you’ll have plenty of time to catch up in all the topics :roll_eyes::+1::disguised_face:

2 Likes

Damn John so sorry to hear this bad news. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Time to catch up on research reading! Considering the situation you got away with light injuries. Get better!

2 Likes

Sorry to read it John - hope you get healed quick! Building with a busted wing ain’t easy.

When you do get back on the bike remember the Fonz’s famous safety advice:
"Don’t smile -you get bugs in your teeth!..

4 Likes

That’s a bummer, John. Sorry bout that, mate. Like @18bravo said, we’ve all been thrown off one way or another. But, at my tender age of 29 I no longer see the need to joust with overgrown rodents attempting suicide, as Mike stated. Deer up here on these lousy roads only adds to an adventure not worth taking. So, my 1983 KZ750L3 sits in the garage lonely and abandoned. She’s been a great ride from the day I got her, back in '83, but she is called the Black Widow for a reason.

Hang tough, mend quickly, and keep your chin up, Buddy!

3 Likes

I take it, your off duties, for a while, Xmas/ New year at home.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your crash, wishing you a speedy recovery!
My dad went down on his bike a few yrs back, after truck pulled out. Luckily that day he was wearing leathers and only received some mild rash

2 Likes

aw man, that really sucks, I’m sorry to hear you were hurt.

3 Likes

deer-jumping

No, it’s not my car! Just found it in the www …

6 Likes

Thank you Matt ---- yeah, lots of reading is on my horizon …

Thank you also, Tom, Jeff and David, appreciated chaps.

Frank, yes mate, WFH until early Jan, then SWMBO will take me into work to the office a few times a week from then and rest will be WFH still. Its still a bummer though as I am no longer on shift being the Det Comd, so would of had it all off anyway … hey ho … those are the breaks (no pun intended :see_no_evil:)

Ski @PolishBrigade12 , Dude, I totally get that… its a bummer knowing I wont ride again, but the risks outweigh the fun parts for me now … Luckily for me, I am a bit older and during my proper bike years have been lucky enough to have had some beautiful rides, a Gixer, various Ninja’s (up to a 12R), a Busa (insane) RSV Mille and my fav ever, a fully tricked up Honda SP1. And, just as luckily, I have been to most of the tracks in the UK to either do a track day or watch British & World Superbikes or Moto GP - And I have sampled the insane but beautiful Nürburgring (11min 21sec lap -SP1)— So I can and always look back and smile …

3 Likes

Remembering the Nurburgring … I thought some of us bikers may like this – the 2012 lap record on an R1… :see_no_evil: :+1:

https://www.google.com/search?q=non+racer+average+motorbike+lap+time+on+the+nurburgring&rlz=1C1GCEB_enGB1036GB1036&oq=non+racer+average+motorbike+lap+time+on+the+nurburgring&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTMyNDcyajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active#fpstate=ive&ip=1&vld=cid:019c0663,vid:inc9cGasgsA,st:0

4 Likes

Yep, nothing to prove, just great memories. I used to run the Angeles Crest Hwy just outside of LA back in the mid 80’s when I was a single Lad, commonly referred to as the “Super Bike Hwy”. Knowing when to quit is usually the toughest part. If I were to take a dump on the crotch rocket nowadays recovery time would be extended and painful. We ain’t made out of rubber anymore, HA! :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like he had the front end off the track a few times, woof! The one rider either didn’t see him coming or was not wanting to let him pass. Though the track traffic was light, I’m betting he could have done under 7mins with a clean track. Listening to the shifting can make one sport a woody, for sure. We didn’t have knee pads back then, but we sure the heck scraped the snot out of our foot pegs and case savers. Ah, themz wuz the dayz. And no kiddin, tires are just too dang important. Excellent vid post, John!

2 Likes

And don’t forget wearing-down that “Chicken Strip” on the tires (tyres). :rooster:

For the awesome twisty turns, Western Slope of Colorado.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. :motorcycle:

EBEAE231-3CB4-49DA-9635-6B381E39BAC1_1_105_c

FCD2D3C1-5690-425A-B268-BC3AB1C28465_1_201_a
SOLD many years ago. :disappointed_relieved:

For Swing-Arm City, Utah… dirt to big air… and big air to dirt to hurt! :face_with_head_bandage:
Honda CRF 450R with $2,000 worth of aftermarket.
My Race No. just so happened to be ‘58’ when I was 58 years-young.

Gave it to my buddy last year so it’s still in the family. :disappointed_relieved:

—mike

6 Likes

Hi John, sorry to hear this news, and wish you a quick and full recovery! Please follow through with the recommended physical therapy which I imagine your doc will prescribe - it makes a difference!

Best regards,
Nick

4 Likes

Yeap, spot on, he was on the limit at a lot of places on that track and ride but smashed it … and also on the front bikes and cars, without them he would of been sub 7 or very close to it, fully agree on that … … its an awesome ride and those down shifts on the gas are genuinely blissful … I bet his sliders were rubbed raw …

3 Likes

Thats the one I always wanted … beautiful bike … black or kwacker green … perfection

3 Likes

Thanks Nick. I was called today and told my day surgery appointment is tomorrow morning to re-align both breaks … glad they decided to get me in that quick … :+1:

7 Likes

speedy recovery John, as a fellow biker and having multiple little incidences i can only ad here Safety first

3 Likes

Use to ride. Lots of almosts and near misses. Got married and had to think about the risks verses the thrills with a wife and family relying on me. Had to park it. Like an alcoholic walking by the liquor store, I know what will happen if I stop and go inside. Close my eyes and just keep walking…
My daughter however rides a Honda Rebel 1100. She is always smiling.

Wishing you a speedy recovery in this Christmas season.

7 Likes

Hoping for a speedy recovery. The good news is you weren’t pretty to start with, this won’t make you any uglier. :rofl:

7 Likes