Build A Photo 2 Campaign

Made a start on the Conqueror. What a beast of a machine; it is huge.

Anyway started with the Step 1 which was the suspension as usual. The kit comes with 2 suspension options, an all in one moulded piece or separate arms and a spring. I felt the spring was a bit anaemic for such a beast, so decided the all in one was a better option. I commenced removing a large section underneath the spring where there should be a void.

Having done that, and knowing much of all this will be covered by side armour plates, I did a test fit to see just how much was visible and if carving out the void was worth the effort. It was then I realised that the ride height of the solid one piece seemed off. The armour plate should sit just over the top of the road wheel:

However, using the one piece, the wheels are well below the side armour: The kits spring and separate arms are much better but the side plate isstill a tad high. So I made my own springs. They are positioned much better - see the front set in the pic:

They also look beefier too, but really you will not see much at all of them. I could have shimmed up the separate arms and just used the kit springs in the end. I’ll remeber that next time.

7 Likes