Build A Photo 2 Campaign

Thanks Kalin. I’m glad you’re enjoying it as it builds up. I’m just started to weather the Panther and apply some washes and pigments…more to follow :+1::+1:

Did some washes and added pigments to the Panther. Washes/filters used were the dark brown for NATO colours and OIF AK wash. Also used various MIG pigments and the track rust and a concoction I made up.

Can also now see where I need to add pigments to the inner wheels :see_no_evil:

Also did some minor chipping.

Have done a test shot from the other side so that can be seen now

Also one from the front showing the belly and more pigments to that and the first 3 or 4 inner wheels.

And the normal view.

The 3 figures are coming along ok, they really are basic compared to 95% I see done in the other threads or builds, but they are pretty much as good as I can do them… God I hate figures lol…

Will start getting the final details down on the base area, finish off the still water, add some grass and other vegetation and try the sawdust and green paint trick again…

9 Likes

That is turning out great. Amazing work

This sure is good, love your little waterstream!

All the little details are outstanding John. The weathering on the Panther is wonderfully done and nicely restrained. The big picture, though, is just breathtaking. So much detail, so much to see, shades and nuances everywhere. This is a beautiful piece and it gets better every day. A really fine work my friend.

I have to agree with Matthew, this is turning out to be a real work of art John, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, as they say ‘the devil is in the detail’, and this is definitely a Beelzebub Build, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

Thanks as always guys @G-man69 , @SSGToms @Armournovice and @bwilt …the details are coming along nicely now and giving it a bit more life and colour as you will see in the images I post in a moment. I just hope this turns out half as good as your LAV convoy Bert and your harbor scene G … :+1:

So, have started to add little areas of vegetation. Some static grass areas and some taller random Tufts (I wish I had your tuft supply @bwilt :grin:)

I also found some very fine stone chippings I will add after the foliage is sorted. I’m trying to capture some of the tufts as though they have been crushed by falling timber.

Have also made a start on the tall bushes / small saplings that are on the RH side on the embankment next to the bridge end.

Will carry on again tomorrow and then do some more work on the figures…
Stay safe :+1:

8 Likes

Shaping up beautifully John & great idea to suggest the collapse with crushed vegetation. I think you’ve nailed all the major elements so well, hopefully from here on out the detailing should provide maximum fun. And promise us you’ll put this into a Show :trophy: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

No need to bee that modest John, this is a beautiful scene!! :+1: Love the crushed grass idea! :+1:
Can’t wait to see it completed.

1 Like

The details are all perfect John and I second Tim’s idea, this has to see a show or two.

1 Like

Don’t you just love it when a plan starts to come together John, some beautiful scenics going on there, really looking great, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

Thanks @SSGToms @G-man69 @Dioramartin & @bwilt for all your really nice comments and positive reaction to it all.
Tim and Matt … A show , well my problem is I am very self critical of my builds so while I’d like to show it, I truthfully get probably more satisfaction from the comments you guys make in here…:+1:
Bert, you’re LAV Dio is shaping up to be real show stopper … I’m only doing one wagon… I’ve lost track of how many your doing plus the figures… Now that’s hard work…
G, glad you like the base scene, I’ve picked up on your attention to the details on your builds so you are to blame for this lol…

2 Likes

Definitely not getting the Conqueror finished. Got the regulator for my Compressor. Fitted it and got a base coat down. Just before I finished, the compressor ran out of air - the pump did not kick back in.

I have a suspicion the starting capacitor may be kaput:

Use a paint brush, it’s safer, quicker and fool proof.
Really I’m sorry for your airbrush mishap hope you’ll sort it in time to complete your Conqueror.

3 Likes

Ah, but if you make it foolproof they’ll just develop a better fool! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Damn …that’s a real shame Peter. I was really looking forward to seeing more of it as you progressed… Hope you get the AComp sorted soon :+1:

1 Like

Put on a bit more greenery tonight. The small saplings/large bushes and a few more bits of grassed area, namely on the road/track way where it would of met the bridge.

The above shows the RH pier where in the photos it looks like that was where the bushes/undergrowth was heaviest.
The large bushes or small trees are seafoam which are sprayed with glue and the railway green scatter sprinkled over.

The reverse side

Retouched one of the grassed areas above and added a small tree/bush to either side.

The last one is an overhead showing the whole thing.

I have some shovels, a pick, a sledge hammer and an axe which I will adding. Will finish off the small streamlet tomorrow and the finish of the steel edging to the tracks and cleats and some other areas on the Panther.
I also didn’t like how the impacted area of the Panther sits, so I will fit that in position, then build up some groundwork around the rear end to hide it all…

For the eagle eyes out there… The cotton bud was just keeping the bush upright while the glue set :grin:

5 Likes

My question Johnny is where in gods name is this masterpiece going to live when it’s done?

I’m assuming the missus isn’t going to allow this the pride of place on the mantle it deserves.

1 Like

Really coming together now.

1 Like