Build A Photo 2 Campaign

Congratulations, that is one really beautiful scene! And you sure captured the photo very well!

1 Like

Excellent Job John. I think you pulled this on off very well indeed.

1 Like

You just nailed it John. A representation of the picture done to perfection. The figures add that much life to the otherwise still picture. Very nice work, superbly done, and a level of modeling to aspie to

1 Like

Dammit John I’m really going to miss the updates, what an exceptional project! I could well understand the need to finish & move on, but if you’re inclined to consider a few minor enhancements sometime I’d suggest a flat varnish on the figs & maybe some random coarsely sieved soil over the whole base. But it’s brilliant already, well done & great to see it in daylight…oops sorry I can’t help myself…

:clap: :trophy: :tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

Your work paid off. You really captured the essence of the original photo. :+1: :+1:

Thanks Ryan, and also to Don @Canmedic and Michael @justsendit - Glad you enjoyed looking in and thank you for the support during the build … I think I have enjoyed building this little Dio the most … :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Peter and you were right about tipping my hand to do the figures … without them the whole thing would lose a lot of the impact. Thanks also to DV & Bert and Gil @bwilt & @Armournovice @Armorsmith it was a long haul at times, but I’m glad you stuck around to see it finished, appreciated all your support throughout :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Matt, very appreciated mate. As well as really enjoying this build, I also think it may be my best one yet, although I do still like Panther G 302 although its a quieter scene … I did like the groundwork on this one and in particular the AK puddle for the streamlet. Thanks for keeping track of this one and supporting along the way :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Tim, and that does mean a lot coming from you and your excellent scenes you share with us all. And of course as throughout, all your comments and observations are always appreciated and will be acted upon. I was not happy with the glare/shine on some parts of the figures, and I totally forgot to Matt/flat varnish them … Doh … that will be done so have no worry about that one, also, yes to the fine sift of dirt or dust over the groundwork in some places, it does need that… thanks for for keeping an eye on it all… :+1: :+1: I will have to find another photo to do in the new year for some new builds and updates … and finally, that B & W image looks brilliant, I really love it. Thanks for doing that mate :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

An absolutely outstanding build John, you’ve done yourself, and our hobby, proud with your attention to detail, from the scenery through to the kit elements, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Following this build from conception to completion has been a pure pleasure…outstanding work my friend, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

Thanks G and thats very kind of you to say so. It was challenging on a few fronts, but I really enjoyed seeing it take shape as it went on. I am glad you mentioned the hobby side of it as its because of the hobby, and some of the other builders and model engineers that I have followed in these threads that gave me the ideas or the know how to achieve it all. And I say engineers as some of the things I seen build here truly are engineered … not simply modelled.
Glad you enjoyed following along with it all … I just have to get stuck into the next one now lol :+1: … in fact thinking about it i still have to finish off the Chieftain Stillbrew, the Spartan, Airfix HMS Victory, and I have the Centurion Fist of the Empire build to come, and the Trumpeter build, the 8 wheeler build and the SciFi - What if build …damn

1 Like

Well that’s next year sorted for you John, :smile: :laughing:.

G, :beer:

1 Like

Great to see the final work John! You completed the mission with a fantastic result. I am proud of you :innocent:! /Erik

1 Like

Thanks Erik, that is high praise from you and very welcome :+1::+1: glad you like it

Great work John, especially the nicely rendered stream, and thanks for sharing your progress in such readable detail. Looking forward to your next project. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot John and glad you like how it turned out. I like to read as much as possible in relationship to other peoples builds as I find thats the best way for me to remember certain key parts in how to do something so I try to do the same and highlight any pitfalls or ways I found to do something a bit easier etc…

1 Like

John, are you sure you painted the picture? :thinking: :grinning:
Impressive work. Congratulations.
Kalin

1 Like

Thanks Kalin, very much appreciated… Also glad you like it…it was a very enjoyable build right up to the end… I was sorry to see it finished as I felt a big of a loss once I called it done …:+1: