Building a giant : Dragon Sherman 1/6

Okay here is the spare wheel fresh from the printer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now we have a spare wheel:

4 Likes

Just looked at your spare, and noticed it lacks the inner bearing! That big hole had a sleeve inside to form the inner part of the bearing race. Fortunately a wheel stowed for later use would most likely have a circular dust cover over the hole, so easy to fix!

https://www.theshermantank.com/tag/road-wheels/

3 Likes

As my tankers lost the cover they helped themselves with this:

6 Likes

Okay now we have a spare track too:

And some more ammo:

7 Likes

Seems an image failed to load?..

[Edit: they of course appeared just AFTER I hit send…]

4 Likes

Those ammo boxes look amazingly detailed. I’d love to get my hands on some modern M2A1 .50 caliber ammo can as extras for my 1/6 scale M2 BMG, maybe some 1/6 scale German 7.92mm ammo cans for my Lafette tripod setup. :+1:

2 Likes

I used this file for printing and scaled it up:

1 Like

Looking good! Can’t wait to see how the base will turn out.

I really should start working on the base but I am not sure how it gone look like, i think maybe the tank should be half on some cobblestone road, what do you think?

That would look cool, maye have the Sherman at an angle (I’d give you my sketch but my email is down and I can’t get the picture). Also, be sure to blend the edge of the road and the dirt well and have the small rocks that usually are thrown to the side of the road by passing vehicles.

He angle will be difficult because the base Platte is too small, and a don’t want to get bigger. I need the rest of the free space for more figures. I have a bunch of real sandstones left from my model train, maybe I can use them here.

I tried this but it seems to thin:

Hm, the surface needs to be more rough but they are soft so this should be no problem:

3 Likes

This looks much more realistic now:

Okay, now we need a break to get some fresh air…

3 Likes

What no sand as the base course, I mean your basically a 1:1 brick layer as this point. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Okay, now only some sand to fill the gaps and we can start to colour it:

2 Likes

looks great :+1:

Okay so I cracked every stone from hand so they look more real and sanded them:

Question: How to fix the sand?

4 Likes

i think ; pva or hairsprey…? :blush:

2 Likes

I agree. Maybe even Future.

1 Like