Building the Israeli Heavy APC (NAMER) from MENG (NEW BUILD)

I’m starting something a little different now.
First the Box Art

This is the Track that I’ll be using.

The Kit Track is a band track , it’s gluable if you are careful.

Finished for now.
Regards
Donald

12 Likes

The Namer uses Mk.3 tracks. What you have are Mk.1 so they won’t fit.

6 Likes

Have fun it’s a nice kit. Here’s mine .

10 Likes

Got this kit next up, along with Meng mine rollers and Friul Mk III tracks.

So, i shall watch this.

2 Likes

A very interesting build, tuned in and watching. @GuyGos is right about the tracks.

Did you check if the Friul tracks (I suppose ATL-049) fit the kit sprockets? And if possible,can you please check if the Merkava IV M tracks fir the Namer sprockets? I do not have a Namer kit at my disposal.

2 Likes

The different tracks require different sprockets.

1 Like

Soooooo…are you suggesting different spokes for different folks?
:grin:

4 Likes

Hey this is what I have available , While technically it requires the Merkava III track the Israelis don’t waste anything and this is possible even remotly.
Hey the Track fits the Sprockets and this gives the weld counters something to bitch about.

OK Now start complaining if not about this then my spelling.
Donald

4 Likes

If the track fits… ya, I know, sacrilege.

Good to know that I’m not alone: I’m putting Fruil ATL-49 tracks on a MKIII BAZ. I had them. They fit. Moving on.

All that said, I’ll be taking Nikos’ advice and using the proper Masterclub tracks when I build up my Meng Namer. Thanks Nikos, your advice is always welcome.

2 Likes

Yes, I got ATL-049.

I don’t know if they’ll fit because I havent begun the build yet, but they certainly match the casting pattern on the kit supplied rubber band tracks which suggests they are the right type at least.

The Friul Mk IV track was certainly a very tight fit over the kit sprockets, but I can’t check if the Mk IV tracks fit the Namer until the weekend most likely.

1 Like

Masterclub are a Russian company and their stock is getting hard to find as trade embargos take effect and vendors run out.

And then of course, there’s the moral issue of buying Russian made kit supplies at the moment.

2 Likes

Wow buddy, you are a model building fool…in a good way. Knocking out one build after another…I like it! :grin:

1 Like
Off topic on Baz tracks

Mk3 Baz did use the early Mk3 tracks. Mk3 Dalet with early tracks is an uncommon occurrence.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with the kit supplied tracks. They are the best band tracks I’ve ever seen. Five of us in the local club built Namers simultaniously, and we all used the kit tracks with no issues.

2 Likes

The kit tracks look alright, but for a lot of people, the majority I would say, rubber band tracks have us all reaching for the Friul (or similar) catalogue immediately.

This may be because older kits had poor quality rubber tracks, or you had a company like Dragon making their own brand which simply disintegrated over time … but anyway, after market tracks are a hard habit to break.

Psychologically, for me, rubber band tracks mean unrealistic (in terms of sag etc.) and a ‘budget’ option (which I suppose they are).

4 Likes

Long time no see
Welcome

2 Likes

I had forgotten they were Russian made.

Thank you for clarifing.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been there done that. I am more discerning now, especially with the added cost. Some of the newer kits have perfectly fine tracks, but yes, older kits often need replacing. On a kit like the Namer, where all you see is the bottom run and a portion up each end, track sag, etc is not an issue for me.

1 Like

I have the lower Hull assembled.

There I finally got the Pics. loaded.
I had some trouble with my computer and had to reload Windows 11
At least I didn’t (actually I did)
I finally got this thing to go
Regards
Donald

3 Likes