Carrier Crossing 2, Honey I Shrunk The Diorama

Hi all,

I’ve done a bit more on the bridge, building up the algae/moss layers and adding some blotches of lichen in pale green and yellow.

All the algae/moss and lichens are a talcum powder/white glue paste coloured with poster paint, hopefully it’s a little less garish, :thinking: :roll_eyes:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

8 Likes

Geeeee! That moss looks really good. I also like how you’ve undercut the earth at the stream’s bank. And the puddles in the road add even more visual interest.

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

1 Like

Very nice update there G. Keeps getting better and better. That bridge road surface is very very good. And to echo Mike, that bank undercut is a real bit of clever eye candy. A lot will miss it once the whole things done… But those little touches make it real :+1::+1:

1 Like

I know that photography is a art on its own, but it does pay to gain a little knowledge of the techniques. The pics outside look much better. So it seems your camera has troubles with the light you use inside…
Don’t forget to add a, nice trout when pouring the water. They love to lurk in those undercuts… :wink:

1 Like

Excellent work G .
The greenery really makes it work !!

1 Like

Thank you to Michael, John, Erwin and Glenn for their kind words and suggestions, though I think a trout in 1/72nd scale might be pushing things, :thinking: :wink:.

G, :beer:

3 Likes

You would be really screwed if you tried to paint a 1/72nd scale rainbow trout …

2 Likes

Hi all,

Have finished both sides of the bridge and glued the shingle for the river bed to it, there might be some tinkering when I finally set it in place but for now I need to move on to other elements, :thinking: :roll_eyes:.

I’m having a go at my first ever ‘specific’ tree, :roll_eyes:, I did make a generic one for my 1/72nd Bocage hedgerow, but it was basically just a canopy on a stalk…an umbrella tree, :roll_eyes:, as you can see below…

This time I am trying to make something that might pass for a ‘willow’ tree, it’s early stages but I think it might pass muster once it’s covered in leaves, :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:.

First layer of ‘bark’ primed so that I can see where I need to recoat and correct, :thinking: :roll_eyes:.

G

6 Likes

Glenn, I’m screwed whenever I try painting, full stop, :laughing:.

2 Likes

Looking great G. :+1:

A trout would be nice. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks Ryan, maybe a photo of the wife might be an easier way of representing a trout, :thinking: :wink:.

2 Likes

Beautiful landscaping G and the tree’s a keeper .

G, You are in so much doggy Do Do if she reads this lol

The willow frame looks good mate :+1:

2 Likes

I do some dumb things but a man has to know this limits. :joy:

2 Likes

G , don’t worry about getting in trouble for your comment , hell I only got married so I can park in the handicap space at the mall … put her picture right next to the inspection sticker on the windshield …

4 Likes

LOL … :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Nice work on the arborist job. You can tell right off it’s a willow,
J

Thanks to everyone for their continuing support and feedback, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:. I nearly choked on my coffee when I read your comment on marriage Glenn, that really made me laugh, :laughing:.

Hi all,

Struggling a bit with the willow, it’s getting the shape right, very messy too, :thinking: :slightly_frowning_face:.

Only managed the first layer and already more flock on me than the tree, hopefully it’ll look better after some shaping/trimming and subsequent foliage layers, :thinking: :roll_eyes:.

At the moment it’s just sitting loosely in a tube inserted into the foam base so it can be orientated to give the best angle.

G

8 Likes

You are under selling it G, It looks great with how it is at the moment and with the bit more work you mentioned it will be lovely. Make sure you get some draping down to meet the water. Looks really well done.

2 Likes