Good evening people.
Today I dealt with the scaffolding for the diorama.
The idea was to let the falcon fly through a kind of bisected tube. This should then be equipped with a Death Star surface that I will create later.
But as I said, first of all it’s about the scaffolding which will probably be made of wood.
I made a 1:144 scale model out of cardboard.
Today we take a small step towards lighting the drive.
In the original kit, only very few LEDs are provided for the drive, which has already been criticized by some model builders.
A remedy had to be found.
So I got myself a lighting and sound module from America.
The engine light strip consists of 34 super-bright mini neopixel LEDs.
These are glued to a carrier also included in the set and intrigued into the fuselage. Fits great.
Then I cut the plug.
The cables will be extended here later and new small plugs will be soldered on, because I did not build the control unit and the loudspeaker into the model, but into the diorama.
I needed a little break from chipping.
That’s why I took care of the inner values of my Falcon again.
First glued a styrene strip behind the LEDs and lined the sides with foam.
So that the light cannot be seen in front through the crevices of the mandibles.