CEC YT-1300 Millennium Falcon by Bandai

Yes, I believe it was from one of Tamiya’s Formula One car kits. Above it was a rocker cover from a kit too.

2 Likes

:+1: :joy:

Yes, that is a lot of fun.

Let’s go to the engine cover.

He’s also completely aged now.

The traces of exhaust gas from the fans were created with pigments.

And with that, only the two weapon bays are missing.

9 Likes

And a little hint…

The covers of the weapons bays are ready for aging.

9 Likes

Star wars is great and your build is amazing, the weathering is perfect, I will keep watching this build.

1 Like

Brilliant progress!

1 Like

Many thanks, Guys.
Let’s get back to electronics.
The plugs for the control unit still had to be soldered to the cables.
Afterwards, of course, check again whether everything is still working properly.

Still runs great.

The light with the super bright LEDs is fantastic. Really looks like a plasma stream because the led strip flickers slightly.

Then put the bottom cover on, pulled the cables through, sorted and tied them up.

We slowly approach the diorama.

So I did another rehearsal.

The angle of the threaded rod has been changed and its position.

I like it better now.

12 Likes

Looking great!

Now, you know there were also some a-wing, x-wing and y-wing fighters in that tunnel with the falcon, maybe you could think of a future extension to the diorama with a selection of rebel fighters…! Ha!

Seriously though this thing is going to be amazing, thoroughly enjoying!

4 Likes

I love it all. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Looks amazing, even on the cutting mat with all the maintenance hoses (wires) hanging out!

—mike :flying_saucer:

2 Likes

This does, and will look fantastic. What an epic build. The blue plasma effect id brilliant … that is very cool. Great work, and it is going be amazing in the set dio of the Death star tunnel… brilliant

5 Likes

Fan-freakin-tasic!

4 Likes

Man, thank you very much.
I really appreciate your fantastic comments.
But I’m afraid that the space in my apartment isn’t big enough for the whole rebel alliance. :sweat_smile:
And again the rest of the chipping is avoided.
Love making the base plate for the Dio.

This is now made of PVC and not of wood as I had planned.
It’s easier to edit, I’m a locksmith and not a carpenter.
I created threaded rods in different lengths and angles. Then try to find the best one.

With all sorts of angles, the plate is well stiffened and securely accommodates the falcon.

I pressed in a threaded hollow rivet to hold the threaded rod and secured it with a nut.

Now the little bird is in an excellent position.

I will make the framework for the Dio in two parts.

So I can also disassemble the Dio with the falcons, for example to go to a trade fair.

Pushed together and good. I will then cover the gap with all sorts of greeblies and styrene.

10 Likes

Just amazing… This will be such a cool scene

2 Likes

Many thanks Johnny.
Today I come to the second part of the framework.

I added another level below, on which the loudspeakers and electronics will later be placed.

Pushed together, fits perfectly.

A large contact surface to the rear as well. So that nothing falls over afterwards.

And a look behind the scenes again.
The threaded rod is now attached with M8 nuts and body washers. Holds more than the threaded sleeve.

Then the little bird can take a seat for a test.

Everything seems to fit.

The gentle reader may have noticed that the upper weapons bay is also in place.

Now the only thing missing for the falcon is the bowl.

15 Likes

The faded paint and weathering are incredible. Your shop bench is way too clean,…just sayin. :rofl:

3 Likes

Wow, I thought the base display would be impressive… But never envisaged anything as complex as this … And it’s not even finished yet !!

3 Likes

Many thanks guys.
Should I adapt the workbench to the Falcon, I don’t think so. :joy:

The pure falcon model is finally finished and I brought you some pictures of the little bird at halftime.
Curtain up for the Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy…

Now the diorama can get down to business.

21 Likes

Looks fantastic :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Great bird my friend; now you can also try to make the Kessel run within 12 Parsecs :grin: :+1:

4 Likes

That looks fantastic and it really shows the time, effort, weathering, and detailing you put into it. You have turned kit plastic to look like spaceship metal very convincingly. :+1:

3 Likes