Centurions: Fist of the Empire

I need to make a note of it somewhere … :writing_hand: Thanks Michael !! :clap:

Thanks Michael!
:heartbeat:

:grin:

1 Like

What’s inside?

Folded … now painting … wheels not pasted - will paint separately …

5 Likes

That’s built up great Piotr, you are on the finishing stretch now the paints coming out. Very well done :+1:

Thanks man !! I’ll throw in a few more crap from my magazine to make it look more “militant”

2 Likes

Good job Piotr. You’re ready for a painting session.

Olivier

Hey everyone finally got a chance to do some work on the Canadian Centurion Mk11. I hope I can get it done before the deadline.
Cheers :beers:
TJ

Centurion Mk11 #1

6 Likes

Looks good and fingers crossed… You have a bit of time now :+1:

Let it not be that nothing is happening in the topic!

Now, just put it together, get dirty, bruise it, rust it up, add staples and it will be ok :wink:

7 Likes

That’s built up nicely Piotr… you’re doing a great job with it :+1:

Thanks! But there is still a lot of work ahead of me …

1 Like

Very nice work Piotr…

and I have noticed it is usually like that with campaigns, in the starting period lots of action abd than it goes more quiet…but hey, as long as you are enjoying your build , thats all that matters​:+1::+1::+1:

Thanks !! I glue faster than I paint … I always do…

1 Like

You’re not the only one​:+1::grin:

Thanks John I hope I have the time but it’s starting to get close. :confounded:

Okay, change of plans for me, as time is running out… No Bridgelayer, just an Aussie gun tank for this build.

and with nothing but rain this week, and all my painting plans on hold, I had a chance to get into it.

Now OOB the AFV Club is only good for a very early Cent used by Australia in Vietnam, which precludes several of the decal options they give you. So despite time constraints, there is a lot od scratch building and Modifications to be done…

Firestorm resin tyres to replace the AFV Club vinyl:

Hull underway:

As you see from the start pic, I had a few Eduard etch sets… First problem the ammo liner rack… yes size does matter…

Now do I cut the etch down, or go with the kit version, modified to take the radio?

The real deal:

1 Like

Next issue. The AFV Club mantlet cover… it does not fit:

… nor is it really the correct shape as that folded section on top is way too sharp and pronounced:

3 Likes

I will be following this because I have 2 Aussie cents in the stash.

For the mantlet cover do not hesitate to cut it up and fill the gaps with putty or tissue and ca glue or something. I did the same for my Jordanian centurion. Use some spare PE strips and add the bolts after.

The PE ammo liner pack does not look at all as the real deal, I would modify the kit parts.

3 Likes