Convoy! Part 2

Does this help.
https://www.mojehobby.pl/products/Renault-AHN-Road-wheels-Fulda.html?partner_id=9

1 Like

Yes it does! Thank you!

Mike

1 Like

I started the cargo bed framing while waiting for the paint to dry on the interior of the cab.

Trying to keep the parts square:

Mike

1 Like

I’ve been busy. It took a bit of time to do the cargo bed. Almost there, I just need to add the top supports.

It would have greatly helped to have had another two hands (I’ll need six when I add the top).

Mike

2 Likes

Not sure evolution works that fast, but maybe surgery could help? :rofl:

2 Likes

I cleaned the parts for the wheels & rims last night, then sat at the computer looking at the link Ryan sent. After about 30 minutes screwing around with the parts, I about binned the danged things. That was until I realized that the front wheels needed a modified part from the kit. Panzer Art is usually pretty complete with their parts, but not this time.

Anyhow, it’s all primed and awaiting paint.

Mike

1 Like

They’ve obviously recruited the hitler Youth for drivers.

Feet are so far away from the pedals and there’s no way the arms will reach the steering wheel.
The figures are both driver, passenger, or crew in the back. I think I’ll pose him in a relaxed position - arms low and hand in his lap. That’s about the only way I could use the figure in the cab.

The cargo bed is assembled.

I’ve test fitted the bed to the frame a couple of times and I see no issues whatsoever. Nice!

Mike

2 Likes

The arms can touch the wheel.

And a little work he can touch the petals.

I was surprised by how skinny the ICM driver figure was compared to the fatter Tamiya figures.

3 Likes

People pay good money for leg-lengthening surgery! You may have a new career beckoning… :grin:

2 Likes

I did readjust the arms - he sits pretty far forward. I’m not going to do that surgery though. This being the first figgie I actually plan to do; I’m going to stick with the basics. Yeah, I’m going to woose out.

Mike

2 Likes

Given the end result, I might be locked up for malpractice. :joy:

1 Like

No harm, no foul on doing your project the way you want too. That was my first time at trying something like that with a figure. At the end of the day, you can’t really see in the cab to know as I recall. I will look when I can to confirm.

1 Like

Baby’s got new shoes. And the beginning of the figgie.

Cargo bed upper portion has also received the first color; dunkelgelb. :slight_smile:

Mike

3 Likes

The windows are covered with tape and Bare-Metal foil and “glued” in with Gator Grip. I’m off tomorrow, so hopefully I can attach the driver side and front panels (leaving the roof “loose”) and hit them with the dunkelgelb. If the windows cooperate, over the next day or so I’ll paint the cab and cargo body with the two other colors.

Mike

1 Like