Convoy! Part 2

My fingers may not be that fat, but my eyes aren’t that good as well, but always had a thing for small scale (now I can’t do 1:144 scale haha)

3 Likes

I’m chipping on and off on my Magirus S330 truck.Had issues with bent voluminous parts-driver cab base and top plus fenders- so some gap filling was required.

I’ll post some pictures soon!

Cheers,
Angel

4 Likes

As promised- some pictures:

Plenty of work ahead, but the Convoy is taking shape:

Cheers,
Angel

10 Likes

That’s really lovely work Angel. Your abilities are inspiring

3 Likes

Painted some bits and pieces from the load of my Magirus S330:

I need to make more paddles and covering planks- from wood.Praying for a cooler weather- it is too hot in the last 4 weeks…

Cheers,
Angel

5 Likes

I’m on the home straight with my Bulgarian Magirus S330 truck.

I’ve finished building its load- although I might add some rope rolls under them anchors:

Following recomendations from Ilian Filipov(a.k.a. The Modelling GeStaPo), I put a horse shoe on the Bulgarian tricolor rad grille.

2 more side views:

Need to glue the civilian registration plates( it is a Ministry of Road Constructions truck, drafted by the Bulgarian Army for participation in WWII) and add some pin washes.

The Sturmboot-Anhaenger(Sd.Anh.108) it will tow is almost finished too, bar some pin washes.

Both vehicles will participate in Manta Model Show/Veliko Tarnovo later this month.

Cheers,
Angel

9 Likes

Mate … thats a brilliant build Angel … so much detail and craftsmanship … superb !

3 Likes

Angel you’ve knocked it out of the park again! Can’t wait to see it with the trailer.

3 Likes

Looking great as usual Angel. :+1:

3 Likes

Beautiful scratchbuilding and detailing Angel!

3 Likes

John, Tom, Ryan and Matt,

Thanks for your kind words, mates!

I need to wrap up the combo till Friday, so will post final pictures of truck-and-trailer soon,

Cheers,
Angel

2 Likes

I have decided. Tamiya’s AHN. The kit I have is the one pictured, minus the Flak:

I’ll start on it today (off from work!!).

Mike

2 Likes

Kit parts along with interior and exterior decals and resin wheels.

Mike

2 Likes

Framework is about 90% right now.

Tamiya boxing, ICM sprues with Tamiya plastic? Going together very nice.

Mike

1 Like

That’s a nice pile of parts there, Mike!

2 Likes

Frame is done and painted dark gray. The round part being held by the tweezers is the rim for the spare tire. Main part of engine is also done and painted. I just need to add the different colored bits to it.

I’m working on the cab right now. The interior will also be dark gray. My intent is to camouflage the exterior.

Mike

1 Like

Yes. I did that same kit for the Bulgarian campaign. I had issues with boxing in the cab and the ribs in the cargo area.

Bulgarian WWII Campaign - #617 by Tank_1812?

Thank you, I’ll keep an eye out for those areas. I’m about ready to paint the interior of the cab - maybe tomorrow evening.

:slight_smile: Mike

1 Like

The other thing to watch out for is there was a slight difference between the Tamiya build order and ICM in the cargo area. I just cannot remember the details. I will reask my bud who told me about it.

Here is the ICM instructions to compare.

1 Like

Frame/engine/etc. is complete. I do need to figure out how Panzer Art’s wheels are supposed to go together. :thinking:

The cab parts are primed and later this evening I’ll shoot the interior, then get the bits and pieces installed.

Mike

2 Likes