Convoy!

Mike, I’m 56 in a couple of months, definitely middle-age for us mate!

This is shaping up to be a really cool Group Build with the variety of subject matter put forward, great stuff!

Cheers, D

1 Like

You Youngsters these days… :rofl:

Just a bit of fun Mike. I knew what you meant.

1 Like

Kits have arrived.

8 Likes

…and hear I was, expecting to see the Arkansaw Chugga-bug… :crazy_face:

1 Like

So I just painted some wargaming vehicles for a friend of mine, 1/56 scale perhaps, using my airbrush with his idea of what desert pink should be for LRDG vehicles. Now I’m thinking of doing an LRDG vehicle in 1/35 for this. Anyone have recommendations on good kits?

I am a model making butterfly and may change my mind before the afternoon ends of course.

The only one I know of in 1:35 is the Tamiya LRDG truck.

The Tamiya 30 CWT is the only readily available model kit I am aware of.
However, for trucks, they also used the ‘US Army Truck, 1/4 ton, 4x4, Command Reconnaissance’ (Jeep :wink: )

Other options, which may not be easy to find:
Chevrolet WB 30 cwt

Panzer Resin Models:

CMP Ford F30/F30A

3 Likes

They also captured some Lancia 3ro:
IBG makes a few version in 1/35th such as:

4 Likes

@ barkingdigger. Time to update the campaign thread title, no? :pencil2:

—mike

Done!

2 Likes

Very good … May have to watch it again now …

O.K., Technicals are in so customised pickups must be eligible too, whether body-kitted low-riders or Monster Trucks. Or a racing version, given the availability of the rally version of the Kamaz 43509 Truck from Zvezda. Post-Apocalyptic always always grabs my attention but in my case it might start in 1919; I have a FWD Model B somewhere. Or if that’s in maybe a Steam/Dieselpunk or Victorian Science Fiction creation? If so, that leads to another question, does it need wheels? How about legs? Or levitating, either Burdisio-style or a futuristic Anti-Gravity wagon or Hovertruck, perhaps the latter converted to a Gypsy Caravan as in Keith Roberts “Molly Zero”. If that’s not gaudy enough there are Japanese “Dekotora” trucks and their less technically sophisticated South Asian “Phool Patti” relations (which probably pre-date most other such types, as the trend started prior to WW2).

Regards,

M

Custom tweaked pickups are good, as would be racers built out of them. Post-apocalyptic trucks are fine too - I’d love to see somebody tackle the tanker rig in Mad Max 2! But when we get to legs and anti-grav it gets tricky - are we talking recognisable trucks that have their wheels swapped out for legs? (Extra points if those legs look human!) I’d be less happy with things that no longer even resemble a truck - at what point does a flying cargo machine become an airplane?

One big exception of course is steamer trunks with lots of little legs - I’d welcome anybody who builds the Luggage from the Discworld books!

2 Likes

Otherwise known as Jingle Trucks in Afghanistan - almost all we hired coming out of Pakistan.

And who can forget the Jeepney in the PI? That would be quite a lot of fun as well.
I remember a five road intersection with no traffic control signals of any kind in Cabanatuan City. It seems the Jeepney with the most bling had the right of way.

2 Likes

Pretty much, although I was thinking Steampunk, something like a Sentinel Steam Wagon with mechanical legs.

I mentioned Burdisio as a guide, I like his stuff apart from all the hanging bights of cable that seem to be a signature part of his concepts.

But one can always combine legs and levitation:
https://e4p7c9i3.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/alejandro-burdisio-cartoneros-scifi-artstation.jpg?iv=466

Cheers,

M

5 Likes

There’s a campaign for that…

’Sci-Fi and Alternative History Campaign’

1 Like

If guntrucks are allowed, I have an idea. :+1:

1 Like

Of course they are!

2 Likes

They had better be lol… I bought the HEMTT gun truck :grin:

1 Like