Destroyed Russian T72 in the Ukraine - project

OK folks enough is enough. As I have mentioned I’ve burnt out on this project. Pun? Any way I cobbled together enough to sit on the shelf. I may comeback at a later date and finish off some more details. More smoke affect. Finish the base etc etc. (Does anyone believe that? Does anyone go back and finish a build?)

Sorry about the image quality. Phone camera.

Some thoughts. The kit is a nice kit and given time I would love to built a full T72 again. They are ugly brutes that have character. Instructions are somewhat vague. Aren’t they all? Not knowing how armor ‘works’ makes decisions harder. Not knowing what burns or melts makes it harder. Not knowing what goes ‘bang’ makes getting the destruction believable.
I looked at a zillion images of destroyed armor and no two where the same so I sort of ‘winged’ it with some steps. The colours were an issue.
I’ve enjoyed detailing the engine. Destroying the rubber side skirts. Note some of it I replaced with ‘real’ rubber. I’ve enjoyed finding something that looks like burnt ash. (Plaster of Paris with a small touch of black chalk in it). All the paint is AK. Everything is weathered with chalk.

I’ve been sick a lot during this build and I lost the plot a few times. So continuity was an issue. But in the end I just decided that I had started something crazier than my skill level should have attempted. Lesson learned.

Thanks to everyone who followed along.

My next project will be a freelance job that no one can say is ‘wrong’. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: Anyone interested can follow along in the Automotive threads. It will be a hack of one of MiniArts kits. (See below). A Ford Model A which is a Gazz and then a part of the German military and now a surfy wagon!!! Fantasy!!! https://forums.kitmaker.net/t/1-35-scale-surfy-wagon/23332

Thanks to those who gave their feedback. It was all very helpful.

9 Likes