Destroyed T-55 project

Oh that looks good!

1 Like

Really like the whole look Gino, very genuine looking! Really authentic.

1 Like

Construction on the hull is basically complete. I was going for the look that the rear deck has been blown off in the explosion that also separated the turret.

I added some damage to the front as well.

This is how I see it sitting with some debris around it; the separated engine deck and a dislodged fuel tank.

I just need to add the fuel lines and wheels and the hull will be done. Then onto the turret exterior.

6 Likes

Awesome Gino!

1 Like

excellent attention to detail going on here, you might like to watch this short film, there are a few burning on here.

3 Likes

Thanks gents. Good video too.

2 Likes

Looking incredible Gino. Outstanding work.

1 Like

I have completed construction.

I added 5 of the burned out wheels from the Mig set; two on one side, three on the other. They look really nice and have all the rubber burned off to the metal wheel. I also roughed up the kit road wheels to show heavy wear on them by running them around my hobby belt sander, then sanding them smoother by hand.

I completed the turret by adding all the exterior fittings. I havenā€™t decided how it will lay and whether I will add the 12.7mm MG. We will see which way looks best.

I also melted a hole in the side of the turret to represent a Sabot round drilling/melting its way through the armor.

This is how the overall tank will generally look.

Next up is paint and to apply the burned/charred effects.

9 Likes

Some nice touches there Gino. The wheels do look good :+1:

1 Like

Looking real good!

Looks excellent Gino

Thanks all. I hope to get some paint on it soon. Iā€™ll update when I do.

Fantastic work Gino, I am enjoying your build very much and looking forward to your upcoming posts. Beautiful work, please keep it coming. Best regardsā€¦Dale

Thanks Dale. I should have another update by the weekend.

Each update is getting better and better! Youā€™re not too far from getting to a base for this one.

Thanks Stik. A small update this morning.

I added the fuel lines down the right side of the hull. I made the forward ones pulled up and strewn due to the dislodged fuel tank. I also added the tow cables.

I also made the other end on the tank.

Its off to the paint booth today. I should have painted pics soon.

7 Likes

Fantastic work!

Some great detailing and its looking like a top build.

Beautiful build Gino. Really enjoying it and taking much in the way of inspiration.

Gino, looks fantastic!
A++