Dreams Are Free Group Build (Oct 2020 - Mar 2021)

Thanks Joel!

I might enter with Deckard’s ground car.

If I’m going to be honest , my ultimate dream car would be the SAS Willys Jeep. But I doubt the local constabulary would be too happy with me driving around in something bristling with machine guns!

phantom_phanatic,
The only issue is whether or not you need to enlist which is only available on the old site, as I can’t find anything related to sign-ups for GBs on the new site. So unless there’s a change to the plan, consider yourself signed up. Please make a formal post to enlist that includes a picture of the model box and sprues.

Damian, whose the other Moderator for our site, updates the GB page monthly, and posts it so all of us can see everyone’s progress as it can get a little hectic trying to follow all the builds in the GB.

Joel

1 Like

Have enlisted.

My build will be the ground car from Blade Runner. It’s a beautiful kit, sharply moulded and well detailed.

I’m undecided about the finish at the moment. I have two of these kits, to build as both the Police and as Deckard’s car. Fujimi initially released the kit as Deckard’s, but I missed it. Besides from the decals, they’res nothing different.
I’ve also got the flying Police Spinner. I might go all out and put LED’s in that.

3 Likes

Great stuff Stephen, thanks for joining us here mate! I’m looking forward to your build on this kit, it’s not one that I’ve seen much about online. Definitely somewhat of a departure from our usual fare, but super-cool and lots of scope.

Cheers, D

1 Like

I’ve not seen many builds either. I was actually surprised they issued it to be honest. The Police Spinner is definitely the most iconic vehicle, but the ground car was a lot more obscure. I’ve only seen one in the police colours in the background in one scene.
Thinking of adding more inside the police version to make it a little different to the civvy. A computer console in the passenger side and maybe a rack with shotguns.

Seeing Stephen’s kit makes me really want to have a movies and television GB. Then again, I could have built the Mach 5 for Dreams since it was the dream car of the 8 year old me. LOL

1 Like

Stephen,
So glad that you joined our GB. As Damion said, we don’t get many science fiction subjects here. Should be a real interesting build to follow.

BTW, hope that you don’t mind us calling you by your real name. Personally, I’m not much for all these handles that’s still so popular online.

Joel

1 Like

That would be a great idea for a campaign!

Course not Joel.
Sometimes I forget my username on the forums anyway!

In the AutoModeler Group Build Themes thread, this is #19 on the list:

Stars of the Screen! - Vehicles that have featured in Movies or TV shows.

I like the idea as well, I’m sure I have a couple of options hiding in the stash.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Agreed big time.

And for a Raceaholic modeler like me, there’s been so many racing movies about every major and even minor series world wide from the very start to today. So I’m sure that I could come up with more ideas for a build without having to really use my aging Gray Matter.

Joel

Hmmm, I’m actually short of sci-fi or movie vehicles, might have to go buy one. :grinning:

I do continue to be amazed and astonished by this Revell Ferrari Testarossa. Absolutely amazed that the engineered the 4 exhaust pipe sets to precisely fit into the proper locations on the engine block by varying the number of pins on each set of pipes. Absolutely astonished that they left the locating pins for the collection manifolds off of the same set of pipes. :roll_eyes: :wave:

1 Like

Mark,
Any chance it’s so you have a greater fudge factor for alignment?
Joel

I’m probably going to need a lot of fudge to cover up the gaps in the exhaust line. :grinning: :wave:

Mark,
Sure hope that there’s enough “fudge” to get the job done.

Joel

Progress Shots. The engine is mostly done. Just dry fitted into the chassis

Most effort I’ve ever put into an engine. Most parts in a engine too.

you can almost see the spark plug wires.

Here’s the underside. Looks like draining the oil and the transmission fluid is going to be a breeze.

Changing the oil filter is gonna be a b&*().
Those 4 round pipes are the exhaust collectors, future home of some fudge.

2 Likes

Somebody better start on that fudge.

3 Likes

Looking great Mark, gotta love engineers that design stuff to not be able to be serviced without ripping the entire rear apart.

Mark,
Your efforts on the engine has certainly paid off in Spades. Just how often do you think that you’ll have to be changing the engine and tranny oil?
The fudge factor should take care of those pesky alignment issues on the exhaust collectors. Just do the best you can. I’m still trying to figure out how to do the same on the Cobra as the exhausts come in from the outside through holes in the body. The odds of aligning with the exhaust manifolds looks like I’ll be trying the Fudge factor myself.

Joel

Great work Mark.
Here is my update:-

Build motor mounts so that I can install after every thing is painted.

Next up will be to build the fire wall,

Cutting down the exhaust to fit.

:v:

2 Likes