Dual M48's, Tamiya and Dragon

Double secure - Accomplishments - Hunted Cow Community

1 Like

The Magach is ready for primer before adding the last big rolled up tarp and antennae, and if I get brave I’ll do the Takom tracks for this one, or the Model B, can’t really decide which yet.
IMG_3892 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_3893 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I rally tried to use the DEF 30 cal mount and gun but the small PE was my undoing. I pulled the MG from an Academy set instead. The TC’s hatch is hinged and detailed inside to allow me to add a fig later. I’ll probably close the driver’s hatch.

5 Likes

The Tamiya kit is coming along too. Turret stowage is close, still need to study pics before I add more. I copied the MG mount from a pic, and used an Academy MG.
IMG_3895 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I used an AFV Club spot light, much nicer than the old Tamiya part.
IMG_3894 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
Still lots of stuff to add, just playing around with stuff here:
IMG_3896 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

6 Likes

Nice stowage and good use of retaining straps for it all. Any ideas on how to secure the stuff on the engine deck ? or is that not its final resting place ?

1 Like

Thanks. That would be its final position. The big mess of ammo cans is in a rack made from angle iron, so I imagine a couple of weld beads to the engine cover would do it. The tarps and stuff would require straps, possibly to the can rack. I’m looking for pics now. Keep in mind this accessory set was intended for a Sheridan so a lot of adaptation is happening. I’m also looking for pics of the 40 mm ammo cans (?) attached to the bustle rack.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan of action :+1:

1 Like

2_24_01_07_1_02_13_3

5 Likes

Anymore photos of the twin .50 mount on the cupola.

2 Likes

That’s serious stowage! I have several of the 40mm ammo cans that I plan to attach to the back of the bustle rack, but have been unable to find any of the tall rectangular cans (also 40mm?) more commonly used there. For now, here’s the front , no straps yet but 50 cal cans are secured to the fenders outboard of the tool boxes. Ration boxes are loose, but will probably end up as placed in the pic.
IMG_3899 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

3 Likes

You have two options for the 40mm ammo canisters

2 Likes

I have found some low resolution copyrighted ones.

If I recall correctly the mount was from a riverine craft that was not longer in use and the tank crew took the mount for their vehicle.

2 Likes

So the mount from the Tamiya Pibber would work?

1 Like

No, the Pibber has a bigger mount, Mk56 mod something I think

It is similar to this, if not the same

And I have found one in 3D, free files to download

2 Likes

Thanks. Might try that on the Takom Mod B in my stash.

3 Likes

Thanks for the pointers on the stowage options. I’ll look for the AFV Club set tonight, as I have most of the items in the Legends set, and it’s not listed on the website of my normal retailer.
Edit: AFV Club set on the way. Legends set not listed anywhere I can find.

2 Likes

Junk on the deck?
IMG_3900 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
Or no junk on the deck?
IMG_3903 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
Other than that hoary decision, I’m thinking about getting primer ready.

4 Likes

Check with Alliexpress,as it comes without a box,most likely it’s a copy

Personally I would leave the junk off the main decks and maybe add one or 2 of the smaller bits to the area in front of the LH jerrycan on top of the bin and on the first part of the up angle on the engine deck. Others will have different opinions, but go with what you feel happy with or you can find as a reference :+1:

4 Likes

In most photos decks are clean, I guess because troops can use this when riding on the tank.

Besides, a clean deck with no junk on shows a good captain… oh wait, that’s a navy thing, nevermind. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Your choice of course…based on the photos, to me it depends on the setting you envision for the tank. If going out on or during a patrol I would leave it clear as you will lose many things. If on guard duty at a garrison/ position or stopped for a long time like the last photo suggests then junk on the rear deck is more likely.

2 Likes