Forgotten Wars Group Build

That looks like a sweet contribution.

Approved then?

Sure. Late on the end of our date range, but I think it will be fine.

T34/D30 progress - starting on the upper hull… a few fiddly fits but mostly it is just falling in to place

1 Like

Ah, the sound of crumpling cellophane yielding up it’s precious payload of plastic parts, and soon, after pleasant whiffs of plastic cement fill the nostrils, pairs of roadwheels for the T-54 appear, ready for cleanup:

1 Like

If I’m correct, Heller has 2 lines of paint, one acrylic and one enamel. This could explain the different first digit and the same three last ones.

Olivier

Thanks Oliver. Did a 5 second Google search and found a list of Heller 7XXX colors with English and some Fed Std references. Where 9XXX listings were gives they were for gloss versions of matte paints. No mention of enamel or acrylic. There was a cross reference for the pearl gray now I gotta figure out what I need to get. :wave:

1 Like

some great builds. I have had limited modelling time (would;ve been any way due to the garden fence needing painting) as I managed to fall ~6ft off a ladder and crack my ribs (rear) off a plant pot. Think there is at least one cracked but the pain has gone down… so today managed to crack on with the upper hull… going together well and I am really glad I took time to d a rudimentary interior. Not sure when I will get chance to paint it up (need to paint other models first)

2 Likes

That is looking great!

cheers Phil… managing some build time but not 100% as much as I want… leaving smaller PE for now so on to the gun. Quite a few small bits but goes together well…

and then finally just resting it all together - starting to look the part

2 Likes

Would you believe …?

I’m changing my kit again. I’m still building a T-54. I have a good photo of the vehicle I want to build now. (I’m not sure I can post it). It’s a T-54A of the IRGC. The Mini-art kit that best corresponds is this. This version has the dual headlights on the front glacis plate. I’ve already started on the spider wheels from the -B kit. But I’m off to the races now.

So I have both a T-54B and a T-55 to choose from for the T-54/55 campaign.

T054/55 campaign??? when/where/what???

T-34/D30 122mm gun finished (Well it was until I broke the piston that controls the elevation while trying to take photos… it only sits on a small pin and the other end in a small hole with a PE strap - will repair but probably going to be fixed (which is OK as wanted it in the travel lock once painted)). Need to add tie down lops to the “turret” ring and then add home made weld beads around it, make the tracks (link & length) and then look at the fuel drums - might just do the mountings or perhaps one off one on (and battered)

1 Like

Ok peeps, need some help. Working Trumpy’s BTR 60PB, but ran into a bit of an issue. Part A19, on the sprue, shows one end a bit longer than the other, but the instruction sheet is extremely vague on which direction the “taller/longer” end is attached. Is there experience here that can tell me that the longer end attaches to part A21, or is it attached and pointing towards the ground on part D17?

Syrian T34/D30 build almost complete, need to add rear mudguards, weld beading round the opening and then do the tracks bit I think I need to paint the interior first. May be able to get paint time this weekend but need to prime the Pz III first

struggled with the rear fuel tanks so one on (damaged), one showing a broken bracket… and some damage to front fenders

2 Likes

Based on the BTR 70, I’d say long to the top Jack:

Are you able to test fit and check the ride height? You might find the long to the bottom means the wishbone is angled down not horizontal if you do it the other way.

managed to get the Interior primer on the T-34/D30, now it is starting to come together. Front part will be white, rear will be same as external (sand grey)

2 Likes

I’m taking the advice of the guys at The Modelling News and assembling the hull first thing. I did that tonight. It took a bit longer than I anticipated. There was a lot of press and squeeze to get things to fit nice and tight, but after that they do. I think there is only one place on the rear hull where I might need to fill a little, but it might be hidden so unnecessary.

To the resolution to make all kits have a pre-made hull tub I vote in the affirmative!

1 Like

And then I rushed ahead of myself…

I attached all the suspension. I did not bother with the torsion bars as it’s going to be closed up. I took gtdeath13’s advice in the T-54-3 build log and set the axles at 2mm below the bottom of the hull and glued it all in place. I should have dealt with the axles themselves and the wheels right then but I went along with the build. I added the holders for the round fuel tanks on the back plate and then realized they are fragile and they will come off during the build. You can see it in the picture from the back below - I don’t even know how they got knocked this time.

So now I’m going to add the axles and wheels and make sure that all lines up.

1 Like

Syrian T34/D30 now has a base coated interior - mig white & mig sand… need to weather it up of course as well as paint the details

1 Like