Full scratch diorama. Made out of paper and cardboard

If that’s what you can do with paper and cardboard, I’m wondering what you could make with polystyrene sheets and shapes…

I’m amazed.

M

2 Likes

Lovely work Dmitri, the sort I can’t even aspire to.

1 Like

You really have an amazing talent… I envy you…

1 Like

The next stage of work is the trailer Sd Ah 116. I started with the manufacture of 10 wheels.

4 Likes

9 Likes

18 Likes

This is epic. I’ve never seen scratch building to this degree. Amazing Dmitry

2 Likes

Wow! Just WOW! The amount of work involved, and the detail is simply amazing. Your construction is outstanding and the painting and weathering even better. I am humbled.

1 Like

That is incredible!!!

1 Like

Colleagues, thank you very much for your attention to my work. I’m glad that you like it

Started assembling the front bogie of the trailer. Frame

10 Likes

10 Likes

13 Likes

flooring and brake shoes made of bamboo sticks, wire and paper.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Good greif! I’ll admit I was a bit skeptical that this is all paper and card construction, in the first few photos the tires appear resin, the copper wire applications are impessive to say the least and some assemblies such as the wheel struts, axels and drive shafts look like Evergreen rod but scrolling farther down and seeing the circles, paper bands and tread peices of the tires convinced me. I can’t begin to imagine or calculate the time investment for this build. The precision of fabricating multiple “like” parts is a testament of your skill and patience Dmitry @Dmitry_Voronov ! You are obviously fanatical about your hobby, seeing your work is nothing less than awe inspiring. Making hinges is one thing but peices such as the bell housing with compound curves is more than I can fathom. What kind of adhesive are you using? Do you use some kind of filler putty? How do you sand paper? Do you use some some kind of sealant to harden the surface areas? Fascinating results and your imaginative attention to detail is enviable. Well done indeed :+1:

Cajun :crocodile:

4 Likes

Thank you for your interest in my work. Indeed, this requires patience.
In my work, I use PVA glue, Alteco 110 superglue, 555 liquid glue to impregnate and strengthen paper parts. I use acrylic wood putty and 2k resin. I process the details with nail files and buffs (I work as a nail master in a beauty salon).

2 Likes

Amazing work. I am so glad you shared how you created wheels/tires from scratch. I have been contemplating creating my own wheels/tires and for the most part I had a good idea how to but seeing how you did the tread pattern gave me much needed courage & motivation. Thank you for sharing your work.

1 Like

Dog

:exploding_head: :+1: :tumbler_glass: :medal_military: :trophy:

4 Likes

that is some amazing attention to detail in just the wheel making process alone, let alone the rest of the kit.

1 Like