FV432 mk3 question

Here’s another one but it’s too blurry to be sure… :roll_eyes:

H.P.

1 Like

BASRA, IRAQ - APRIL 28: A Bulldog armoured Personnel Carrier from 15 Sqn RAF Regiment - a force protection unit stationed at the Contingency Operating Base located at Basra International Airport - drives on a road close to its base on one of their last combat operations, a counter insurgency patrol as part of Operation Dagger, in the village of Al Houta on April 28 2009 in Basra, Iraq

Another view from the same :

A gunner from 15 Sqn RAF Regiment - a force protection unit stationed at the Contingency Operating Base located at Basra International Airport - watches for approaching traffic during one of their last combat operations, a counter insurgency patrol as part of Operation Dagger, in the village of Al Houta on April 28 2009 in Basra, Iraq.”

British troops from 51 Squadron RAF Regiment leave in a Bulldog infantry troop carrier to patrol the Al Waki and Qamat Ali areas of Basra close to the main British base at Basra Airport, on February 4 2009 in Iraq

H.P.

1 Like

PM sent. 8910

Great find Frenchy :+1::+1:

1 Like

RAF Regiment… PMSL.

2 Likes

Lol…they try bless them…where all the failed infantry soldiers go…:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Brilliant :+1:

This vehicle would look sharp in non desert camo colors.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind having a crack at one of these. The FV432 is the only afv I’ve ever ridden in.
Got bought a tank riding experience a few Christmases ago, and it turned out to be a half hour ride in the back of one of these.
It was raining and the exhaust was being blown into the top hatch as we bounced around a field and country lanes. While fun, I did briefly feel glad that I never joined up!

2 Likes

Thank you again HP for the pictures. It looks like the side skirts are quite different from Takom offering. The lower part does not have the thin plate with spacers, Takom only represented the thick part.

Olivier

Harsh…harsh!

You should ride in a M1-smooth as glass

1 Like

Should be fine with the one in the first picture I’ve posted…

H.P.

You should ride in a BMP, it is like riding in a Lada Niva with oval wheels and one is almost flat - not for the motion sickness sufferers … :face_vomiting:

Not so bad. Me in the turret - notice the death grip on the hatch cover - that is so I do not sever my spine on the catch that protrudes out of the rear center hatch opening. I learned about that the painful way on take off!

Whoops hold on, slowing down…

Hey Mate. Did she just say she is going to throw up???

The young girl was green, but managed to keep the breakfast down.

2 Likes

That’s funny

On a totally different subject, I’ve just noticed I have a slice of cake next to my flag emblem next to my name … I’m pretty sure I didn’t put it there…what’s all that about ???

I can imagine that would be luxury in comparison! And air conditioning rather than hot exhaust blown right in my face.

They didn’t have AC in my day.

1 Like

It was your one year anniversary cake, you joined up on the 30th of September 2020