Gruson Fahrpanzer emplacement

Some years ago I scratchbuilt a Fahrpanzer and built a diorama around a Swiss mountain fort with several fahrpanzer embrasures and there corresponding rail tracks. Unfortunately it never got finished then the diorama was put in the bin before a house move.

2 Likes

Dang….any information or photos of the build fell free to post in this thread.

1 Like

We obey noone…We are a superior being…

:beer:

3 Likes

download

:grin:

5 Likes

Making a small track for it to roll on.

9 Likes

Definitely on track with this build :grin:

4 Likes

Railed it! :railway_track:

4 Likes

Very keen. I would have just used a piece of model railway track of appropriate code (height)

1 Like

Two trips to the paint booth.

Messing around with a base. Painted the sides black craft paint and the track with dark iron. The top was first painted with flat earth, then 3 different Vallejo mud products. The track was pressed in.

Here is an idea of the finished look. A lot more work to do.

9 Likes

Lovin’ this! “Press” on! :railway_track:

—mike

2 Likes

Thanks Mike.

1 Like

Great idea & lookin’ so good - pardon my Turret’s Syndrome but how were they traversed, some kinda chain-driven pedal-power?

2 Likes

I am sure they wish they had that. It was Popeye spinach power and a hand wheel.

6 Likes

This is a really cool little emplacement you have Ryan and it looks excellent. The base sets it up superbly.

1 Like

Thanks Matt.

Dried overnight, still a little too wet looking for my liking but something to work with.

5 Likes

Nicely done Ryan , lookin good !!!

2 Likes

Thanks Glenn.

1 Like

Nice work matey. The base can be treated with pigments…

2 Likes

Thanks Erwin. Yep, pigments, Vallejo mud wash, highly thinned buff/earth misting and some additional vegetation is planned currently.

1 Like

My usual go-to are European dust pigments. Or Russian earth. Depending on the location…

1 Like