Gulf War 30th Anniversary Campaign

@petbat

wow, good luck with that resin, it sure looks messed up and looks like a lot of stress.

1 Like

Its fixable, I’ve seen worse. It will take a lot of work, especially all those pin holes. The worse part is the bad PE, you can’t really fix that. You have to replace that somehow.
Ken.

2 Likes

Well, here are my three current WIPs:

This is my Scimitar, waiting for her primer coat:

And this is also my 99% finished M60A1, which I forgot to take build photos for the GB. Thankfully I still have the Scimitar.

I’m also building an aircraft to go along with the armor! Pretty excited as I’m not much of an aircraft modeler but I do like trying new things.

5 Likes

Where there is a will, there is a way John. I’m not afraid of some scratch building, the ShkH Dana and M901 builds I’ve put pics up here on Armorama are testament to that. But a challenge it may be.

This will definitely be a change to the Takom AML 90 ‘shake n bake’ build

2 Likes

Well folks i finally manged to get some quality modelling time in whilst with the wife nearby… we sat and watch Cobra-Kai which is the follow on from teh original Karate Kid movies which is kinda fun to watch.

so here is my Academy M551 Sheridan opening shots with today’s newspaper and the following shot takes me to section 5 of the assembly instructions.

6 Likes

Best to rewatch the first three movies before watching the TV series.

1 Like

The resin issues can be fixed with some love :laughing:
However I would advise you contact AA for the PE flaws.

Olivier

1 Like

@Bison126 for the money you pay for AA’s stuff you should have to fix anything, if i was the original buyer i would have sent that back and asked for a refund

1 Like

@Klaus-Adler They are a Scottish company David, and you know how Scotsman don’t like parting with money, and refunds… (duck, weave, dodge) :rofl: :rofl:

Worth a try Olivier. Just don’t know how long it would take to get to Oz from Blighty.

@petbat

I know the owner has had or is still having some serious medical issues as they have missed several model shows in Scotland. there stock seems to be getting depleted and there doesn’t look like any attempt to restock which makes me think that they maybe on the way out of the game. I did send them an email asking them but it was ignored so take from that what you will.

1 Like

I had a look in the stash and there are three kits I can choose from for this one: M60A1, Type 69, or M109A2. Might do the latter and paint it up with the markings of the vehicle one of my best friends served on in The Gulf.

2 Likes

@JayJHCruz that sounds like a cool idea to paint it in the same colours as the one you friend served on

1 Like

Wow that looks like a beast Peter!
I know its been a while since the last update but my bottle of AK Desert pink was…bad…like when I tried to thin it with X-20a it would react horribly, like it would glob and no matter how much thinner I added it wouldn’t mix. The same thing happened when I mixed with water… so I ordered a bottle of Master Model desert pink and should have it in a few days.
I recently got my hands on a Tamiya M2a2 Bradly so I may build it later this year.

Was it the Real Color or just the normal dropper bottle? I have had real issues with AK. So far the only good results I have gotten is with the Real Color line or their new Third Gen paints. Every other bottle I have tried has been trash.

1 Like

It was Real Color.

That’s disappointing to hear. I hope the Master Model works for you.

1 Like

even with all the extra work, that is going to be a phenomenal build, Great Choice.

1 Like

I have primed the upper hull and turret for the M1A1, later on I will be starting to mask the non-anti slip areas as per Gino’s template from another thread. Hopefully shouldn’t be a nause as the anti slip looks like it follows natural panel lines… Fingers crossed.

And @SSGToms , the AK CARC Tan and Forest Green arrived today so hopefully I can get some on the Stryker before my next duty shift…

7 Likes

My god… This is a laborious mind numbing job… Masking off the areas where there isn’t any non slip texture.

Have done the turret, still a few areas on the upper hull to finish, but will do that tomorrow. And before I try the Rust-oleum I will experiment on the Tiger hull first to see how it sprays.

4 Likes

I guess you’ll use a rattle can so do not spray too close to the model, do not try to cover the surface in a single pass and you’ll be fine.

Olivier

1 Like