Helicopter Campaign No:3

Group Build Title: Helicopter Campaign 3

Group Build Leader(s): @Klaus Adler

Group Build Description: Helicopter Campaign Build, any scale, any subject and any era, partially started kits welcomed, Osprey’s or aircraft of that type are wannabe helicopters and DO NOT count

Event Details:
2023-03-30T23:00:00Z2023-12-31T23:58:00Z

Completion Award: A medal will be given to those completing the campaign

A Note about Awards: The following text is a reminder that in order for people participating and finishing their projects to receive a badge on their forum profile, they will need to provide their account username to the group build leader by the completion date of the build. The leader will then provide this list to the site admin who will bulk award the badges to those users who have finished the group build. If you don’t provide your username or finish the project on the timetable the leader has setup you will not be able to receive an award.

2 Likes

Verry Interesting. However, I’m already heavily booked already and I assume partially started means before the fuselage is closed. :frowning_face: Should you add a Going, Interested or Not for me box? :wave:

yeah, i need to figure that part out

Poor Osprey’s not feeling any love. :rofl:

I am on board, not sure which helo at this point.

Could be up for it, I was eagerly awaiting the promised UH-1’s from Kitty hawk for the last one and was pi@@ed when they folded. I do have a partially built UH-1C but it depends on how partially built is decided. Other than that I have a couple offAH-1G’s from ICM & Special hobby I could dive in with. Just have to clear some other builds first though…

Keith

My Kiowa Warrior is ready to be built ! :helicopter:

would an Airwolf count?

1 Like

Ill do it, i dont see a “going” box

I’ve been going through all of my old builds over the past few day and just realized that I haven’t built a chopper in over 10 years… it’s time to fix that!

3 Likes

Now would an Afghan version of Airmoblie be allowed??

I still have Italeri’s MH-53E (1:72) lingering on my shelf for years now…
Will be great to bring it out in the open! :grinning:
Where is the “Going”-button? :joy:

The going button will appears soon, according Klaus. The beginning of the campaign will be at the end of march so no urgency to suscribe.

2 Likes

i have no idea what that is, so I’d need some visual evidence to confirm it’s some kind of helicopter with pilots, rotorblades etc.

1 Like

Never built a helo! Might be a good reason too. I’ll either be in with Hasegawa Apache Longbow in 1/48 or possibly this picture from Operation Mount Hope III if I can find appropriate kits in small enough scale

4 Likes

It is a Mil Mi 17 body mated to a Gaz 66 truck frame, it has obviously no rotors or pilots, and no cockpit per day…
Thanks
Mike

1/72 Italeri Ch-47D and Zvezda Mi-24.
Trumpeter 47 and Hobbyboss Hind could work also.

1/144 has the Academy or Revell 47 and Dragon or Revell Hind.

If feeling real froggy both exist in 1/35, just saying.

1 Like

i had thought about the OOP Italeri ACH-47A gunship used in Vietnam but i missed out on one on ebay.

1 Like

Might check out the 144 kits. Would be really neat in 1/35 but it would be huge!

2 Likes

Do you count autogyros in as helicopters?

1231987-57753-98-720

@Stephen_Blackburn i’ll be a little flexible on that one and say yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes