Helicopter Campaign No:3

@Klaus-Adler Love your flexibility :grinning:

I am onboard with a 1/72 or 1/48 Hind! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Could be in with à 1/72 Italeri UH 34D.

2 Likes

Hi @Klaus-Adler I would like to be part of this GB…My entry will be Jayhawk HH-60J US Coast Guard 1/48 scale Skunk Model’s package of Italeri kit… I TRIED to start the kit last month… started the cut. But realized that the cabin is bare. Ordered few items and put a stop to the build… The items I ordered are now stuck with Royal mail and hope I will receive the items by March when this GB starts… Please add my name to the list… This is the kit…

And this is the current status…

Hope This is eligible and considered as partially started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you are most welcome to join in with that kit and i hope Royal Fail doesn’t keep your accessories for to long.

1 Like

What items did you get? Outside of a mesh basket, I would think the Jayhawk would be bare to save on fuel and pack more passengers.

Exactly “Royal Fail”… For the past 3 weeks no update except that they received the items… Meanwhile Hannant keep assuring that things will be normal in a day or two…

Hi Ryan, I ordered the interier details and the rotor… For the amount of hype created for that Skunk kit, it feels like anti-climax :frowning: It is like buying another kit…

3 Likes

I get that….being a small market (helicopters), the hype of extras in the kit was cool.

2 Likes

Welcome to this campaign and good luck with your kit.

The quality of the resin cast of Reskits looks very good. They have also nice wheels for CH47 that I have added to the stash recently.

1 Like

i got screwed over by Hannats years ago when my items got lost in the post as well. they were no help at all and didn’t give a damn, their attitude was “we have your money so you are on your own”

i hope you paid using a credit card or PayPal, at least that way you have a chance of getting your money back.

1 Like

i see there a lot of people interested in this campaign and hopefully more will join as there is still plenty of time to do so.

Update… I received AM parts that ordered from Hannants. Took some 45 days from date I placed the order.

I was checking the instructions that came with Skunk models and the Italari one (the original)…I am not sure what they are trying to convey… Left is the skunk model Instructions that came with my kit. Right is the Italari instructions original…

I could not see part 26B in the aircraft… what am I missing?

Looks to be a cover added.

HTH

2 Likes

Thank you @Tank_1812 This clears up the confusion :+1: For the version I am choosing, I think I can safely skip both side covers … Thanks for the pic :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Black Dog interior has great details… Might require a bit more work than I anticipated… But really sad to find this main part damaged.

This does not seems to have sustained during transit. This damage looks to be while releasing from mold itself… The part got hardened after damage… Not sure whether to contact Hannants or Black Dog… Is it even possible to get replacement for this item?

USCG Jayhawks do not have the extra covers on the engine intakes. The front covers are part of the HIRSS (Hover Infra-Red Suppression System) exhaust (as seen on the above USN HH-60H). Open exhaust H-60s (USCG HH-60J, USN SH-60B, etc.) do not have them.

1 Like

:nauseated_face: I would start with Hannants then BD.

1 Like

Damn ! Definitely unusable. :scream:

I hope you will have more chance with a new copy, if you can get one.

1 Like

The quality of that casting is downright awful. Look at seam down the middle? You’d think they’d at least get the master smooth before they made the mould? Unfortunately though, it’s quite common for aftermarket resin accessories to produced to this standard. I’ve had some beautifully cast parts with crisp details, but I’ve also had crap like this.
Hope you can get it sorted.

1 Like