Helicopter Campaign No:3

A few years ago, I had a whole resin conversion just good for the bin. (All parts were warped and covered with a shiny residue)
I also remember wheels from another brand who look like a lunar ground ! It is a shame to sell those bad things.

2 Likes

I’d send it back to hannant’s and ask for a refund and go some place else for that accessories pack.

2 Likes

I’m going to say I might join. Already have a few projects lined up this year, so depends if I can squeeze it in.
I’ve got a couple of Hobbyboss Lynx to do, but there’s also the Revell UH-1D I got for last year’s Huey campaign that I never actually started. Recently got a set of South Vietnamese markings for that one.

2 Likes

i got a Blag Dog upgrade set for tha Tamiya SAS Jeep. I found the moulding of items to be poor at best. Mainly just resin copies of the kit parts so no real detail upgrade. The onbly useful parts were some of the stowage, and even that took a fair bit of clean up.
It’s put me off buying any more Black Dog stuff

1 Like

Pleasantly surprised to receive the reply from Black Dog company on the next day itself… No Blah… Blah…what / where… questions. Straight to the point. I like it…

3 Likes

holy cow, that’s a fast response!

1 Like

I would like to join this build with some sort of helo. I did not see a button to enter on this thread. Is there another place to go to start?

Paul

@hudson29 the campaign doesn’t start until the end of march so you have plenty of time to get organised

hi folks i hope to make tbis operational in the next few days but there is a bit of a flap on at the moment.

1 Like

I hope things smooth out as it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. I have a number of whirly bird kits in stock to choose from. Does anyone make a good modern Sikorsky H-19 Chicasaw kit? The old 1950s Revell effort was fabulous for its day but that day is long past.

Paul

1 Like

I am on! Maybe it is time for me finally to make a Hind I have been wanting to make for some time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like the Hind and have one of the old Monogram kits someplace. As I recall, it was very nicely done.

Paul

2 Likes

The Monogram kit is not too bad. It is missing the Hind twist but given when it came out I get that. The more modern kits that don’t have it not so much. The other issue is the rotor/tail hitting. For the longest time people added the CMK plug to extend the tail but I saw a build a few years back and they researched the issue to be the rotor blade was too long.

3 Likes

well folks we’re up and running so show everyone what your planning to build!

3 Likes

Hello,

I first wanted go in with the 1/72 Italeri H34 D, but some weeks ago I found on a second hand website a SA 330 Puma. As I spent a lot of time aboard in the hold for numerous missions I think it would be a kind of tribute.
The model was first issued by Airfix and reboxed by Heller in the mid 80’… The parts are quiet nice but there is some works…

It will have the French Air Force colors instead of the Army color of the box art.

6 Likes

just finishing up this little side project, a1/72 Kamov KA-29 before i choose my subject for this campaign.

10 Likes

Great job on a tough kit. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I’ll join with the Hobbyboss Lynx Mk.88 in the Tigermeet colours.

Will have to do a little research on the rear cabin. This is one of the big problem areas of the Hobbyboss Lynx.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

My first time, I like to participate with the Helicopter Campain No:3

My first time to participate in such a event.
In December I get an Wessie UH 5 for my birthday.
Also some maskings and the Eduard exterior PE set.
Still looking for the Eduard Interior set, so glad to hear if somebody has it lying around…?

7 Likes

welcome aboard and an excellent choice, i look forward to seeing more progress soon!

1 Like